Help reverse engineer Neosignal - Sequenz (Mefjus Remix)

DYSRUPT

Does anyone have any idea how he did this? I know Mefjus is nasty at his trade and this track in particular is epic but i feel like I've come a long way in terms of sound design and theres so much going on in this track that I can't wrap my head around. That drives me crazy. Usually i can pick out sounds and know how it was done, but the pitchy synths in the first drop are so epic.

I tried a bunch of ways to get the vowels to sound like this . It has a thicker, rounder and warmer sound than bit reduction with a filter sweep. Wow filter sounds a little too destructive too. So i found that FM8 fx is as close as i can find.

discuss

Last edited by a moderator:
The annoying thing about remixes is that reverse engineering them involves a lot of the original track. The tracks is a good example of that, a large majority of those basses and shit are just the original sounds chucked into kontakt and messed a bit.

I can tell you though, that awesome dissonant layered sound he gets is with pitch shifting or pitched layering

Last edited:
The annoying thing about remixes is that reverse engineering them involves a lot of the original track. The tracks is a good example of that, a large majority of those basses and shit are just the original sounds chucked into kontakt and messed a bit.

I can tell you though, that awesome dissonant layered sound he gets is with pitch shifting or pitched layering

YES. I can hear that too. A slightly pitched layer an octave higher in some spots. I know what you're saying though about a remix. I didn't even think of that. find the original source . . . *palm face*

Last edited:
Oh god, I hate it. Intricate work but, really detune samples with unison and a pitch control. A lot of squashing shit. Fm is a lot of vocoder. Lead is a synth that is guitar esq. A whole lot of pitch control.* Mastery of stereo imaging.
A lot of shit going on with this.
I hate it, hell of a prouder though.

Back
Top Bottom