HELP PLEASE!!!

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by djlfusion, Nov 25, 2009.

1. djlfusion

djlfusion Member

Ez. iv recently just lost all my tracks and programs so im tryin to get back all my programs. i have downloaded reason 4.0 (torrent) and installed it on my laptop but when i open it it asks for the disk so im gessin i need to burn it to a disk before opening reason. what i would like to know is do i burn the ISO file to disk or do i have to convert it first because iv tryed burnin the ISO file and it wont work on the disc it says it is not suitable despite it being a DVD+R 4.7GB data disc and the Reason file is only 2.3GB. Hope someone knows how to solve my problem.

2. bluenote

bluenote Member

I bought reason, bloody expensive but a wonderful program!

If you already have an ISO file, then what you need to do is 'mount' it on to the dvd:drive. Essentially it makes the dvd/cd drive think that there is a disk in there already.

To do this, I would recommend installing a program like Alcohal120% or something like that. Then you just open it up, follow instructions on mounting an image to disk, and mount the image.

Like I said, this will fool your computer into thinking that the disk in in there, and it should just work.

Good luck mate.

3. djlfusion

djlfusion Member

nice 1 mate much appreciated!!!

4. Dagz

Dagz Well-Known Member

Daemon tools !

5. dhalsim

dhalsim yoga fire

just use nero to burn it as an iso file.

if you havent got nero then i'm sure you know where to get a copy from right ;)

6. djlfusion

djlfusion Member

thanks bluenote, had abit of trouble at first but got there in the end, ended up re-installing reason then opened it up n it now works fine. thanks for ur help!

7. bluenote

bluenote Member

No worries man... now be prepared to start making a tune at 9pm and not look at the time until daylight starts to creep in...