Help Please!!!!!

Dj_Clippa

Mix n Blend '
so basically ive jus bought a new soundcard for my pc so i can record/edit my mixes..

all plugged in fine with a phono to jack lead from mixer 2 computer, and the soundcard is in ok..

but when i record any audio its soooo quiet and really fussy with a humming noise?????

could this be my phono to jack cable???

id b grateful for any help am going mad :mad: !!!!!

Cheers!!!!!!!

haha clippa we meet again.

Have you got your decks grounded?

Have you got your input levels raised up on your computer (assuming yiour using windows, double click on the speaker icon in the right hand side.)

The most obvious thing I could think of but easy to forget is the recording levels.

If your using windows xp, go start, all programs, accessories, entertainment, volume mixer (Think thats what its called) or just click the speaker button in the bottom right corner

Then go file, properties, then change to recording, and check that the correct input is selected and the volume raised fully.

Not sure how to do it on vista, but would have thought its similar

hope that sorts it out mate

haha clippa we meet again.

Have you got your decks grounded?

Have you got your input levels raised up on your computer (assuming yiour using windows, double click on the speaker icon in the right hand side.)

ye decks are grounded...
ive turned all the levels up thats helped with the volume its much better!!!

but im still getin a major humming noise when i playback the recording.

And if this helps in anyway, im using Audacity and im geting a straight line when i record not a Wavey one like it should be???!!! and you have to turn the gain right up to here it...

Last edited:
ye decks are grounded...
ive turned all the levels up thats helped with the volume its much better!!!

but im still getin a major humming noise when i playback the recording.

And if this helps in anyway, im using Audacity and im geting a straight line when i record not a Wavey one like it should be???!!!

are you sure its not feeding back, mute the input from your decks, so it's not playing out of the computers speaker, otherwise the wave will cycle round & round

Have you selected the correct input in audacity audacity?

Have you got the jack plugged into the right bit?

did you check the levels on the volume mixer?

Have you selected the correct input in audacity audacity?

Have you got the jack plugged into the right bit?

did you check the levels on the volume mixer?

I think so have selected Line in on audacity,

have got the jack plugged into the Line in On my pc soundcard

and have got the phono leads in Master 2 on my mixer.

Back
Top Bottom