Help Please

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by Steve boy, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Steve boy

Steve boy New Member

Please can someone help me, i am trying to connect my laptop up to my mixer, but when i do, a werid noise starts to come out of the speakers, i turn off the mixer and it still does it, but not as loud, i am using a Y cable, from the headphone socket on the laptop to a red and white phono sockets, can anyone help me,

2. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

I would imagine your headphone is an output only, why are you trying to plug that into your mixer? Are you trying to play a tune on the laptop to come out through your speakers via your mixer? If so, what sockets are you plugging the Y piece into on the mixer?

3. Steve boy

Steve boy New Member

i'm trying to play the music though the mixer, i am plugging the lead into where one of my cd players are, i have tried several different sockets but all with the same problem.

4. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

Try taking the mains lead out of your laptop (so it's running on the battery). I know that causes some 'buzzing' with FinalScratch, not sure if it's related.

5. Steve boy

Steve boy New Member

Tried that, do u think if the cable i'm using may not be screened??

6. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

Could be, it's worth a shot. If your CD player works, I would imagine your laptop should be fine too! Confusing! :-/

7. Steve boy

Steve boy New Member

Ive tried it with it running on battery power and it stops the noise and starts again with the power put back on, anyone know how to stop this as it wouldnt last very long just on battery power.