Help On Recording

A-JAY

VIP Junglist
Ez hope you can advise or help , ive just changed laptops and im having real trouble getting good recording quality when doing radio shows mixes etc. Ive changed to a toshiba from a dell but on the new one there is only a mic input and a headphone input no input input if you get me. Ive read somthing about external soundcards that can help but a) how do they work b) is that what i need due to no input on lappy and c) anyone else had this trouble?

cheers :)

I having some trouble recording with my setup as well.

I'm running Numark decks, a Behringer Mixer, Behringer Audio Interface and a Dell Laptop. The audio interface runs via USB, and it doesn't record properly when I plug in the laptop charger, so I have to record mixes while the laptop has battery, which is lack of time. Also, I have to reduce the levels on my mixer LOADS, otherwise there's just loads of distortion on the mix when I listen to it. What I normally do is reduce the levels on my mixer, but then turn the volume up on my speakers so that I can still monitor. Try reducing the input levels and see if that helps. And try unplugging the charger as well lol.

I'm not an expert though, that's just what works for me.

Resist

a cheap USB audio interface with a stereo input is all you need, make sure it is ASIO compliant and low latency, prefrably no higher than 6-9ms, although as you are only recording you could get away with upto 12ms, any make will do pretty much, M-Audio are quite good, Behringer too although you should expect to have to replace it sooner, shouldnt have to spend more than 50-80£, simply plug it in, plug in ur mixer outputs and away you go (use an app like Audacity)

---------- Post added at 18:11 ---------- Previous post was at 18:10 ----------

if you have problems recording while plugged in, are those problems 'hissing n crackles' n stuff like that? you need a Ground Loop isolator

cheers for that boys , gloxxy has told me about the mic boost aswell which can cause problems too if enabled but that seems to mess shoutcast up too - arrrhhhh its doing my head in lol

Back
Top Bottom