Help on EQing vocoded bass

Srry for bumping but can you give me tipps to improve that bass?
Smth like
- Changing Modulator
- Changing Automation
- Changing EQ
- Changing Compressor
- Changing Vocoder settings
etc.

I really want to get such types of bass bloody right but I don't know how to approach that topic. Hoped you guys could help me out there.

Ok my first suggestion is to KEEEP PRACTICING! What you have here is prime! It is clear! I can see what you MAY be trying to emulate, but my best suggestion bro, is to KEEP PRACTICING! It all comes in the effects, the limiting, the compression, etc, in all that you do, and all that takes a certain skill which you do have, but with practice comes fully that entire technique of bass creation! :) Thats my best suggestion, I couldnt really tell you how to make your sound "better" or "different" I dont even know how you would want it to sound! Practice, practice practice

I surely will, thank you!
I'll buy some good monitoring headphones to train my ears into mixing and mastering (my room acustics suck so my monitoring system isnt enough for good results). I will keep working on it, thanks!

I'd definitely sidechain the drums to the lower parts of the bass (Just dont overdo it or it'll lose energy) so they stand out a bit more, because they get swallowed up by the bass right now, drums need to be in your face with that genre.

The kick and snare are sidechained to it. They cut big holes in the bass so not sure if I crank them up more if it'll still sound ok :S

Yeah!!^ that a great suggestion! Just keep practicing bro! It's actually not bad at all! but I think the goal you are trying to achieve requires the road of learning more. For your own personal gain to getting to where you want to be! That is where the solid gold heart of knowing it all truly is! :) <3 best of luck to you my man! Personally I would add a limiter and, not too much, but raise the gain a SHIT TON, and use some ohmicide or a distortion vst, and a compressor to really bring the HELL out of that sound out! You again could overdo all these things or underdo, if you dont know how else to proceed! Practicing and Learning is my best suggestion because simply, when I hit brick walls as well, I just said screw it man and started playing with knobs, and vsts, and observing really hard and focusing and really really learning the synth and effecting and all that good stuff

Will try resampling it in harmour :3
Still be sure to have the original one in case if I screw up ^^
Thanks guys

Back
Top Bottom