Help :? New to Production

Berlitz

"JUnGle BiZneSS"
Hello, I have just seriously started to get into dnb production and I am eager to learn. I am currently using FL8 but I am saving up for reason.

I need a lot of help with the structure of drum and bass and how to build up to drops and drops

basically what should I learn next

heres a link to my second attempt
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9PvrnyJHp8
please tell me what I need to do now

Matt

Cheers mate, I will do, I have been trying to write down things to help me; as im more of a visual learner,
It just sounds too repetative..
sorry I am being a bit vague arnt I..
just need a kick in the right direction
cheers

i would strongly advise you to get a sequencer of some sort, weather that be Cuebase, ableton, Nuendo, Logic, Pro tools ect.

you can get them free with some things you buy like samplers or midid keyboards n stuff.

Fruity Loops & reason are cracking bits of software, but from my personal perspective, they are simply midi tools to create sounds with, and you will be limited to how far you can go with the actual structuring of the audio.

this is where they kind of end and the sequencer takes over (you an sequence in reason, to a degree - again your sequencing midi, not audio)

the best thing about a sequencer, like Logic or Nuendo, is you can use the highest quality samples, in a 24bit or 32bit environment and edit them, so the overall sound quality will shine through. you can also ply these quality samples with a multitude of effects, plug ins and play tons of synths and intruments on top.

you can also incorperate your Fruity or Reason in there too, all at the same time blad

oh right, Im looking into to cubase at the moment. Il probs go for something like this then, One of my friends has transferred from reason to cubase. il have to ask him for some help..

oh right, Im looking into to cubase at the moment. Il probs go for something like this then, One of my friends has transferred from reason to cubase. il have to ask him for some help..

I would recommend Logic over Cubase mate...

...but thats my preference.

fruity loops isnt good for... arranging songs? is that what youre saying kemzino?

if so, thats complete nonsense

you need nothing other than fruity lest you actually want something else, in which case you should treat yourself, go on.

i liked your bit man that break is cool and i love jungle pads, so gwarn

fruity loops isnt good for... arranging songs? is that what youre saying kemzino?

you need nothing other than fruity lest you actually want something else, in which case you should treat yourself, go on.

your right there fella...

Fruity did me just fine for years, its perfect for starting out on...

I only 'upgraded' to logic when i wanted to expand my horizons a bit more and go more in depth...

Plenty of good producers have used fruity loops and released many tunes too...

Concord dawn naming one..

logic is mac only though sammy, since what... version 4.7 i think?
i had that one though, hea-vy program, great sound.

what would evolve your sound is after youre done with the lush pads you drop the subbassline, a rideybreak on top and you know, maybe a delayed vocal bit from a raga tune or a girl wailing?

nah im not saying its not good for arranging song mate, its a great bit of software and ive heard some brilliant results with it, i was just pointing out that there are limitations to it compared with a full fledged sequencer. i mean, i use reason to nearly completly arrange a song or 16/32 bars or something.

i think people like Benga, do nearly all there work in FL, then transpose and mix in Logic. whatever works well for you i suppose. just try and get the best out of what you have eh. and FL is certainly a good place to start for sure and its pretty powerful.

sequencers are the way to go though, either now if you can or in the future. that dont mean you have to give up fruity and reason ect, on the contrary, they work well together.

i find Nuendo powerful, fast and reliable. the tools available in there are brilliant and you can throw any file you want into it

you simply wont get finished professional results with a stand alone program like Fruity, its not made for that

kemzino im sure youre baiting me now. but ok, look.
serum got signed to dread, not as in one tune contract, but as in every tune he makes has to go on that label, starting with vile and bleak. that was with fruity 5.
not to mention concorde dawn and spor. fucking spor man

Back
Top Bottom