Help Needed! Reapa Records Needs a Night!

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by Reapa, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Reapa

Reapa Member

Right, i've been wanting to start a night for the Reapa Records label for quite awhile now but i just cant seem to get the time to organise one. Money isnt too much of an issue as im sure all the Reapa family are willing to pitch in but i wanted too know if there is anyone out there who would be willing to promote/organise this type of event.
    The capicity doesnt have to be big, 100-200 people is fine but id want the venue to be quite nice, gd sound system, decks, mixer etc. Im based in Aldershot, surrey so anywhere within a 1 hour radius is fine eg portsmouth, southampton, reading, guildford and any others you can think of. Also the night would have to be on a friday or saturday.
    I can also get a big name in aswell as i speak to many every week and many are very happy to play at the event.
    For the organiser we could come to an arrangement of a flat fee or a percentage of ticket sales but I want someone whos done it all before, this night isnt to make money, its simply to get Reapa records a playing out night.
    Anyone interested just reply on here and any suggestions would be great, even contacts for this kind of thing.

cheers
    Jim

2. D BREAKNECK

D BREAKNECK 7 years on top

C'mon!

Should be a good un!

3. mISHKA

mISHKA Member

Crawley has a huge market for D&B, especially big names, but no decent clubs that would hold your night, especially on a weekend - they prefer making their money from the R&B+WKD crowd.

4. Time Dependant

Time Dependant Jungle Hunter

Come on guys we need it!!

5. soundwaveuk

soundwaveuk SoundwaveUK

Ez Reapa.
    Some mates of mine (Riff raff sounds, based in A-Shot too) have been currently putting on nights in Basingstokes Bang Bar.
    http://www.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&hs=jY7&lr=&cr=countryUK|countryGB&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial_s&q=bang+bar&near=Basingstoke&sa=X&oi=local&ct=title

Its been going prity well and i have also noticed a few other dnb nights goin on up there (serial killers).
    Its quite a small venue but i really like it, we even managed to get an extened night until 4 am.
    If interseted hook me up and i will get you all da info you need.
    It dosent have a soundsystem but i can get you in contact
    with riff raff sounds who have an extremly loud and clear
    system IMO for dirt cheap..

Peace out n keep up all da good work, really feeling yous guys :slayer: :respekt: :not_worth

6. sidekickmc

sidekickmc MEDICINE?

7. Radius

Radius Give me back my passport u slags

Yeh man I'll contact a few of the local nights for ya...I wanna run something anyway -sick of all teh bollocktick and style steelin clone ass mofo's who keep trying to nick my slots know what I mean ?!?!
    :hagglers:

8. Reapa

Reapa Member

Cheers man, will be appreciated. There was one place in Reading Stan called "Cafe du Sport" which had a bar and dancefloor and all the equipment to rent above the main place itself http://www.cafedusport.biz/picgallery.htm

Thats the pics of it, you ever been there?

Cheers for everyone helping out, I well wanna get this night going

9. 12 inch grinch

12 inch grinch Active Member

10. Time Dependant

That Cafe Du Sport was where we were originally going to put the night on a little while ago I think it would be worth following up as Reading has got quite a large d&b scence

11. 12 inch grinch

12 inch grinch Active Member

reading would be good!
    im not really keen on the bang bar
    but theres loads of clubs around il keep a look out bro.

a monster night breakneck main room
    room two reapa records showcase
    lol seems pretty ill to me.:gpeace:

12. D BREAKNECK

D BREAKNECK 7 years on top

Trust me!

I'd love to do that, (with BAI, JW and Sayber having played Breakneck, and Reapa on the waiting list) but it's hard enough making one main room of DnB break even, let alone doing 2 rooms of similar styles, cos you split the crowd and don't attract many more people who wouldn't be there otherwise...

Most of the casual clubbers would be in the main room...

Yeah, a main room all-nighter could work with all the Reapa crew playing could work (but not within the area were the Breakneck crowd would reach).

But, I know that Reapa can do this as a Reapa main room thing and build it up to be successful for the label, all the DJs concerned and as a night.

Reapa acts need to be the residents and the attraction, with maybe a headliner to get the casual peeps in, and Breakneck's not really in a position to do that...

Imo...Any money/profit should be going to Reapa co. to support the artists / label develpoment, not to the crowdpuller and a big venue...

Last edited: Oct 18, 2006
  13. Bad Ace

Bad Ace Close2Death

:word:

14. Reapa

Reapa Member

Yea fully agree with you Dan on that one. Me and Sayber are gonna head up Reading this weekend and check out this club. If all is good we should be up and running very soon.
    Cheers for the response people, keep em coming!

15. Time Dependant

& that is why your a legend & what you do Dan, the scence need more promoters like you. Your their for the music & artists not just your wallet & fame.

16. klusta

klusta Pulsar

got a lil venue if yo wanna hook something up, aint gonna be finacially rewarding for you though caus of the venue capacity.

:slick:

17. Reapa

Reapa Member

Cheers Klusta, ill speak to you on MSN soon bro.

I have found a Venue - The Mass Club in Brixton - 2nd room (apparantly the best one of the 3)

Will be aiming to get this night started for around march time with a big (dark) name dj.

Watch this space..:jackson: