[HELP] Monitor Headset

AUT

Hi guys!

I was thinking about buying a monitor headset for music production, in the first place I was going to buy a pair of monitor speakers, but for now, that I do not already have a place where I can make a studio I thought that could be a good idea starting with a professional headset, like Audio-Technica ATH-M50, or something like that.
The price is more affordable compared to a pair of speakers and using it trought an external audio card maybe can give me a good sound quality and flatness.
What do you think about it?
Should I buy it or should I go directly with the speakers?
Do you know better headset than the one I posted?

Thank you :)

AUT

I really like the Beyerdynamic DT 770 or 990's.. The 990's are full open, so the sound seems very huge, good bass. I have both and also the 880's. They are very comfortable to wear over long periods of time.

One thing to remember with headphones is keep the volume down. It's hard to do producing, I fail at it also. Mixing low volume leads to good mix and is easier to do.. but producing tends to be easy to keep higher volume for long periods of time which is not good for your ears. Also with the huge stereo spread of headphones, they can alter the mix... working with flat monitors which don't have full on left/right ear stereo makes you work harder to achieve a good sound.

Thanks for the answers guys,
Do you think that a 150$ monitor headset could be a good choice for producing or compared to a pair of monitor speakers the quality and the flatness are on a lower level?
apart from the choice of the headset model, should I buy it instead of speakers, maybe for my first productions, or should I wait and go directly with the speakers? My question is, is the different between speakers and headset so marked that once purchased the speakers I will not use anymore the headset or they are similar and both useful also together so that I can buy the headset now and the speakers hereafter?

Back
Top Bottom