help me fix my mixer

eloist

Hey guys.... LONG time lurker here, first time poster.

So I recently moved into a bigger house, and after 2 years of not having my decks set up, i now have dusted off my tables and mixer.

One problem though:

My mixer (Gemini PMX 2400) will now only play through the left audio channel. All inputs do the same thing. Only sound from the left.

mixer.jpg

Quite frustrating.

Can anyone point me to a tutorial so i can open that thing up and fix it?

It's not a great mixer, I know that, but funds are limited and I want to listen to my records!!!

Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks.

hmmm...i think first of all is good to find service manual of your mixer if you want to open them by yourself...

i have searched a bit and foud this but is for lower model, perhaps this helps..only thing u must be registered to download filez... :|

good luck

If you don't know what you are doing you won't be able to repair it.

Lets start from the fact that you don't know how to open it. That disqualifies you from any repair work at all. Take it to your local audio repair shop - it will probably be a loose wire somewhere, something minor but you won't know how to find it or what to do with it. I'm not being nasty but really if you don't know how to open it up and poke around, you won't find a tutorial to help you. Its not a case of fixing your stuck Xbox drive.

If you don't know what you are doing you won't be able to repair it.

Lets start from the fact that you don't know how to open it. That disqualifies you from any repair work at all. Take it to your local audio repair shop - it will probably be a loose wire somewhere, something minor but you won't know how to find it or what to do with it. I'm not being nasty but really if you don't know how to open it up and poke around, you won't find a tutorial to help you. Its not a case of fixing your stuck Xbox drive.

ahh thanks for that.

I'm fully capable of unscrewing the case and looking inside.

I figured someone here might have had personal experience with this mixer. As it sits now, it's a freakin paperweight. It was a 150 dollar mixer or something close to that.

the cost of repair would be more than the thing is worth, so yeah...I think i'll try it myself.

could be dirty knobs or faders..... got loads of old shit lying around that does things like that

hmm. if its doing it on all inputs are you sure its not your wires? i had a dodgy phono led once tht drove me mad. i sat about for like 9 hours thinking my amp ws fucked. Silly things go to miss sometimes..

Also if u got dodgy faders tht crackle then jus spry inside dem with aftershave

works a treat :D

Back
Top Bottom