Help me figure something out

Le0

I'd like to understand why some kind of songs are harder to mix than others? i mean a tune like signal, how can you beatmatch it over like nosher rmx or any tune with a simple beat like that? My brain is burning help :)

If the beats are unsimilar, try beatmatching off something else other than the kick drum, like the hi hats or its even possible to use the melody if its got regular timing to it.

Try using the drop as your cue point of the record you wanna bring in (eg just after the “watch this space” of signal, use that) - with a stronger drum pattern to match too, you should be able to get a pitch in seconds!

It jus comes with practice too!

:cool:

Be creative. Practice. Cross your fingers and nudge the crossfader. If it's not perfect, who cares? Try to mix it different than the rest of the world.

Thanks guys, i could understand some stuff ta :)

i have another question tho, can anyone refresh my memory on structure phrase and co? i can count bars and all but, i cant really figure something out from there? Sometimes in a tune i can count 16, 24 or 32 bars am i counting right? and i should be starting my cued record at the start of a 32 bar phase?

i hope im clear enough

IMO you really can't teach someone how to mix, you just got to develop your own style. Break down the mixes you hear other djs play to get a feel for the rythm and flow, hell even learn how to imitate the mix!

Back
Top Bottom