HELP - mcafee security tool

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by djrowney, Nov 27, 2009.

1. djrowney

djrowney G13 RECORDS/SMOKESCREEN

kept getting a link up for getting this so i clicked it and now i'm getting reminded to register every 10 fucking seconds!!! i've tried 2 delete it from 'add or remove programs' in control panel, it won't let me open folders or applications including music, it seems like its basically trying to bully me into buying their damn fuckin program!! keeps tellin me i've got loads of viruses aswell when nothing came up on avg, help me please somebody..fuckin ell :confused: :boxing:

2. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

u could do a system restore to a time before u installed it. that might fix it!
    however any files u may have created after the restore point may also dissapear!

3. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

Hate shitty problems like this.

System restore sounds like your best bet to me, when did it start happening and have you done anything you don't mind being wiped away since it happened?

4. DJError

DJError AKA Error

have you tried deleting the mcafee files on your harddrive?

5. Turtles

Turtles Member

you might have got some malware or something on your pc and it told you to install such and such and that you have loads of viruses but it will actually install a load of viruses on your pc. heard of that kinda shit before.

could try a system restore or DL something else like Avira or Avast - both free excellent anti-virus.

6. Gloxxy

Gloxxy I SNORT COAL

Download Malwarebytes, install it, reboot your pc into safe mode (F8) then run a scan with Malwarebytes. It will get rid of any suspicious "Anti-Virus" software.

Download Link

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebyt...4572.html?part=dl-10804572&subj=dl&tag=button

Once you have got rid of the malware install Avast! Anti-Virus. Its free and exceptional at stopping viruses. You can register it for free and get 14 months of virus database and product updates.

http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  7. Original Nuttah

Original Nuttah They Call My Dad Machete

i agree with the post above.

sounds like u got spyware/malware. i had that and it wouldnt let me open add/remove programns either. and warned me that i had virus`s but the sneaky thing is its the bad programn thats telling u you have virus`s. kinda making u side with it. just download malwarebytes and do what gloxxy said.

8. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

shouldnt have installed McAfee in the first place, peice of shit, iv heard of people complaining that you simply cant get it to go away or get it off your PC.

The first thing I would try is going into Safe Mode and deleting all McAfee folders from Program Files and WINDOWS, before you start system restoring