DnB Help making a sound?

Aeonikal

Well, with High Contrast's "The Agony & The Ecstasy" recently coming out, I have been racking my brain trying to make what seems like a relatively simple sound.

(Here is the song in case you haven't heard: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E2K3EJ5RTY)

I'm trying to make something similar to the very first patch heard, and similar sounds can be found in work by Deadmau5, among others.

Any help with this would be much appreciated, I love the rave-ey sound of it, and would like to incorporate something similar in my work.

So are you talking about the first organ synth or the a bit afterwards coming lead? If you mean the first synth, my best bet is to start working from some basic "spread" type of dance lead and working on adding some harmonics like organ sounding oscillators. I can hear a bit of piano and maybe a chorus type of synth playing those same notes too. (I'm bad at melodic synths.)

Yeah it's the very first organ synth. Thanks for the advice, gonna start fiddling with some trancy patches similar to what you describe.

This Mord Fustang synth comes very close. I replaced the chorus with a dimension expander to give it that extra width.
Try these chords:
ACEA
CEGC
FACF
GBDG

Back
Top Bottom