HELP... keyboard / controller / midi / synth .. or what ??

EWOKS

POTATOES GONNA POTATE
VIP Junglist
ok, so im getting a new comp hopefully mid jan. ill put cubase on it, or fl studio then move onto cubase. not sure as of yet.

anyway, i want a keyboard, but not just a controller .. i want to be able to play the keyboard aswell , maybe play something, then put it into cubase or however its done.

can someone tell me what im looking for , is it a synth ? or what ? .. i know feck all . ive been looking at decent keyboards, but im not sure if i can link them to my comp or whatever and get my tunes into the software to mess about with it further..

and i know midi keyboards are just controllers right ? .. they dont actually make any sound on their own ? .. so what kind of keyboard do i want.. thatll allow me to sit and play a tune or 2 , and also link it up to my comp as and when i want to...

anyone ?

ive had fl b4 , found it the easiest to get to grips with, so may start fresh on that again. i was very shit on it , but wasnt as keen then as i am now.

so may go for the new fruity..

i want to be able to play something on my keyboard, then hook it up to fruity and put it on their.. so i can sit on my sofa and mess around with my synth, then when i get something going that i like the sound of .. i can hook it up to fl studio.. and put it in there, then add some drums ect .

think you mean an external synth that you can hook up to cubase >> http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR216509

this type of thing?

i think this is what im after yeah .. both a controller and a synth in one ..

not bothered bout the audio interface..

i just want to use it as a controller, and also as a standalone .. so i can sit on my sofa and mess about with it .. then wang it into my comp and mess about with it in fruity..

i just need to find out aname for this kind of synth

Last edited:
yeh thats the kind of thing.

theyre costly though...

keep an eye out for a bargain.

Back
Top Bottom