HELP... keyboard / controller / midi / synth .. or what ??

Discussion in 'Production' started by EWOKS, Dec 22, 2009.

1. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

ok, so im getting a new comp hopefully mid jan. ill put cubase on it, or fl studio then move onto cubase. not sure as of yet.

anyway, i want a keyboard, but not just a controller .. i want to be able to play the keyboard aswell , maybe play something, then put it into cubase or however its done.

can someone tell me what im looking for , is it a synth ? or what ? .. i know feck all . ive been looking at decent keyboards, but im not sure if i can link them to my comp or whatever and get my tunes into the software to mess about with it further..

and i know midi keyboards are just controllers right ? .. they dont actually make any sound on their own ? .. so what kind of keyboard do i want.. thatll allow me to sit and play a tune or 2 , and also link it up to my comp as and when i want to...

anyone ?

2. BDS

BDS Active Member

think you mean an external synth that you can hook up to cubase >> http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR216509

this type of thing?

btw if you get fruity you can use your computers keyboard rather than buying an external one...cubase and reason etc need an external though.

3. EWOKS

ive had fl b4 , found it the easiest to get to grips with, so may start fresh on that again. i was very shit on it , but wasnt as keen then as i am now.

so may go for the new fruity..

i want to be able to play something on my keyboard, then hook it up to fruity and put it on their.. so i can sit on my sofa and mess around with my synth, then when i get something going that i like the sound of .. i can hook it up to fl studio.. and put it in there, then add some drums ect .

4. EWOKS

i think this is what im after yeah .. both a controller and a synth in one ..

not bothered bout the audio interface..

i just want to use it as a controller, and also as a standalone .. so i can sit on my sofa and mess about with it .. then wang it into my comp and mess about with it in fruity..

i just need to find out aname for this kind of synth

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  5. EWOKS

6. BDS

BDS Active Member

yeh thats the kind of thing.

theyre costly though...

keep an eye out for a bargain.

7. EWOKS