help jump up basslines

akalionrootsboy

heeeeeeeey brothas i need your helps for create or make patches for melodic lines typical JUMP UP or any tutorial, style jaydan, cabbie, taxman, tc, hazard etc etc etc , I am currently using the circle and massive but I have no idea how to create such low. thank!!!

Hey mate, not entirely sure what help you need. You're going to need to learn to use the tools at your disposal to create the sound you are looking for. Are you trying to create a bass-line or like a sub-bass sine?

Generally a good starting point with massive is to simply detune oscillator 1 down two octaves. So like detune it to -24 and mess around with the knobs and effects. Massive is great program so once you master that you'll generally be able to creat any synth sound you want.

I recommend checking out some tutorials.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK1ocGVDibg < Tutorial by Sub Focus on Massive, highly useful.

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/products/producer/massive/?content=620 < Also a very good tutorial by Native Instruments themselves.

Listen/look at them. Try to copy what they are doing. It's a lot more important for you to learn about these sort of things before trying to put in any creative talent.

I think something that discourages a lot of people is that they think production is going to be easy and then they realize that it's quite the artform.

Practice Practice Practice paspc praitcpeic.

/EDIT

Questionmark. What sequencer are you using? If you are using fruity loops, I recommend trying out 3xOsc. It's a helpful little generator that is a good starting ground for learning.

Last edited:
hello brother thanks for the reply! I already have one and a half years to produce, but as you say we must practice and practice and practice, I am using Ableton and then use the logic.
I'm trying to produce or producing drum & bass style JUMP UP but did not create this style of synthesis, which is so identified in that style!

where the lines are low in the form of melodic ostinato rhythmic!

then my big question is how to create that kind of low, such as synthesis and timbre that is so raw representative JUMP UP.

Here you get links to some artists of this style and secure when you listen and you'll know what mean, see ya BROU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iloq_RNhpKA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao1z2FrFgXU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNCtd2_cADI&feature=related

Last edited:
there are no hard and fast rules... best thing i can suggest is experimenting using a combination of differnt wave shapes... like a sine, a saw and a square or two square and a saw with the squares at different rates of oscillation...

lfo is also key, even if you are not using it to wobbel, you can use it make an note more organic/human...

then distortion, satuaration, eq bit crushing and many other effects chains will come into play...

you then normally need to bosch a sub bass under to rumble them speakers!

not the answer you want but tough!

ps, listen yo my myspace songs and you can see what i created (synth wise) on abletons operator alone! (no plugins! :D)

Re: What else can we do at work to celebrate besides

Every month it seems mortgage rates forecast like someone what are mortgage rates based on is having a birthday, getting married, going away, or having a baby. All of us in the office are tired of eating cake and ice cream. What else can we eat (or do) to celebrate these occasions.I really like curly hair, but my girlfriend (who has straight hair) says I should like her for who she is and refuses to get a perm even if I pay for it. Can you please help me give her curly hair?

wtf?

Re: What else can we do at work to celebrate besides

lol.

Under osc1 there are a bunch of things to choose from, choose something under "anylog/electric".... packed full of jump up sounding stuff, then you just apply the knowlege gained from watching the videos in this thread.

Perseverence is key!

there are no hard and fast rules... best thing i can suggest is experimenting using a combination of differnt wave shapes... like a sine, a saw and a square or two square and a saw with the squares at different rates of oscillation...

lfo is also key, even if you are not using it to wobbel, you can use it make an note more organic/human...

then distortion, satuaration, eq bit crushing and many other effects chains will come into play...

you then normally need to bosch a sub bass under to rumble them speakers!

not the answer you want but tough!

ps, listen yo my myspace songs and you can see what i created (synth wise) on abletons operator alone! (no plugins! :D)

ehy stix just went on ur myspace, ur choons sound phat as! just to let ya know :not_worth

heeeeeeeey brothas i need your helps for create or make patches for melodic lines typical JUMP UP or any tutorial, style jaydan, cabbie, taxman, tc, hazard etc etc etc , I am currently using the circle and massive but I have no idea how to create such low. thank!!!

dont do it man its bad for you :D

Back
Top Bottom