HELP! I need feedback on my track-in-progress...

oland

Hey, im bran new to this forum, but i was hoping you guys would be able to give me constructive critism for a new track ive been working on and off for the past 2 days. Im only 16 years old, but i bought my first synthesizer when i was 12. I have been making ambient music for the past 3 years, but over the past year my older brother has introduced me to dnb. This mp3 is the result of me trying to combine ambient and dnb. Over the past year ive listened to drum and bass drum loops, and i just COULDNT figure out how to make them, mine allways had somthing missing, so here is my best shot. Thanks in advance,

Oland

http://module.dmusic.com/music/download/271788/.17506528

Your links not working man, check out the breaks thread on the site so you can study the sounds of the different breaks. download one you like, slow it down and just study the way the beat is put together and then copy that. It can be hard to suss it all out when its running fast. get your link working bud and we can comment on how your getting on!

Luke

hey oland,

Dowloaded your track, i think the production side is going okay - not that im an expert (pretty much a novice myself) - quite a moody trancy track if thats what you were going for. I think the beat is lost though, it doesnt sound puncy enough. try cranking the volume up abit on it. Or you could just check out some of the breaks threads on this site to get the more classic drum n bass breaks sounds. Im into my jungle so i prefer the real drum samples rather than the synthed drum beats. the synth in the beginning sounds a bit out of phase as well. Just have a fiddle man

Luke

hey, your beats are good, nothing wrong with them, other than for ME PERSONALLY they switch up to often, thats not 'wrong' in anyway or anything, thats just how i felt. A tip might be to add small ammount of reverb, and maybe compression. Aslo, on some of your basslines, try out some differnt LFO settings to make really hit.

You have heard my track though, so you know im new to DNB somwhat too; Im probably not the best person to give advice.

hey oland,

cheers man, two noobs helping each other is cool! Can u explain how an lfo would make the sound better?? yeah appreciate your input on the beat switching but i guess thats just a difference in taste. I did compress the drums but do you do each part of your drums separatly? I have just been doing the whole breakbeat in one channel thats compressed.

In abit

Luke

Back
Top Bottom