Help finish off house/garage track

justanotherdj

Basically I muck about with production every once in a while, I reckon on average I spend about 1 hour a week on it.

I never finish anything off because I never have enough time or I get bored of the track.

I spent about an hour on this track last night, and thought it had a bit of potential, but I don't really think I can do much else with it, so would be cool if some other people wanted to have the files and have a go at finishing it off or taking it it in a slightly different direction.

It's nowhere near being releasable, however I think the basis of a track are in there somewhere. I just think it's a bit lifeless but I'd be interested to see if someone could bring a decent track out of it.

Also some constructive criticism would be cool.

From my point of view the mix is not great, but I didn't spend long on it, and i'm just not that great at it anyway.

I think the beginning is ok, the buildup/breakdown is ok (could have more going on), when the bass drops I'd probably prefer the vocal sample to be taken out at first and bring them back in later, but when when I tried that it sounded boring, so any ideas there? Bass may be too loud. I also think where the baselines changes there could be more build up because it sounds a bit random at the moment.

I think something is missing but not sure what, maybe some chord stabs? when I tried adding stuff it sounded to cluttered, but maybe that was just the mix, or maybe its all there and a better mix would bring everything out. I tried adding snares/claps in a kind of Funky pattern but again sounded like too much was going on. I think the drums could maybe do with switchhing up here and there too...

To be honest I don't know what to do next, hence why I'm seeing if anyone else has some ideas. I'd love to find someone I can work with of future products, would be great to learn stuff off someone.

Anyway i'm from London and I grew up listening to garage and deep house, a big fan of The Anthill Mob, hence the repetitive annoying vocal.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Last edited:
Sounds really cool, I think it could use some more percussion, but then again I don't really know anything about garage :coffee:

No worries, actually do you think you could upload the project file or stems?

PHP:
No worries, actually do you think you could upload the project file or stems?

Yea I kind of wanted other people to take it on and see what they could do with it.

I'm at work now so will have to do it tonight or tomorrow morning.

Where's the best place to upload them? Never done it before.

Also should I upload them stems dry and unmixed?

PHP:

Yea I kind of wanted other people to take it on and see what they could do with it.

I'm at work now so will have to do it tonight or tomorrow morning.

Where's the best place to upload them? Never done it before.

Also should I upload them stems dry and unmixed?

Mediafire is a good site i think, yeah just the regular stems would be great (y)

Back
Top Bottom