help choosing a mic

kac123ige

SE 2200A

SE 2200T

Rode NT1000

Rode NT2A

AKG C3000B

those are the ones im looking at

i want to get a clean professional sounding result and since i will be singing RNB songs sometimes i will sing loud (breakdown of the songs lolz)so i dont want that to effect the quality either but im just not sure which one i should go with

ps - what do people mean when they say the mic is too bright?

Last edited:
I recently brought an NT1A, really good and quite cheap, but yeh if its out of all those listed then i would go with the NT1000, had em at my college and they are really fucking good mate.

shure sm57/sm58...set u back about 100...depends wht u want it for tho...think these mics are best live...

I replied in your other thread, its all about what works best for you. All the mics you've got down are fairly decent mics, its just a case of what you like the best, go somewhere where you can try them out and see what you think to them.

When people say a mics to "bright" it usualy refers to the high frequency response (to bright meaning it has a lot), in some cases this is just down to personal prefrence, and of course what its intended use is.

Wouldnt recommend SM58 for recording vocals, while theyre great mics for live use theyre not very well suited to recording, and the 57 I never like on vocals at all personaly, although its a good choice on a variety of instruments for both live and recording purposes.

Back
Top Bottom