help! buying decks

dan@dnb

hello everyone of dnbforum! right iv got abit of i dilemma as to what decks to buy, and yes i know you've probably had hundreds of threads just like this but i really cant make up my mind. im on a budget of £330, it seems my two options (i would say,but if anyones got any good alternatives please tell me!) are buying brand new stanton t60's possibly in a bundle an get a new mixer to mess around with, or grab some second hand technics on ebay. please dont dont say "technics ftw" etc.. this doesnt help me atall. im thinking about how long the decks are going to last me and how good they are all around. considering the technics arn't going to be what they once were for the price, but on the other hand the stantons dont sound to be all that in the first place...please let me know what you think, especialy people who have had experience with both these decks if there are any?.

Last edited:
Id recommend any range of Stantons or Technics. Had Numark & Gemini in the past and they didnt last long at all. Go check your local cash converters for some Technics. Seen them going for £300 for a pair before. Both those brands wont let you down though. ;)

ez dan,welcome to the forum mate.
I braught a pair of numarks for my first decks as they was cheap but i was told they was an alrite pair of decks for a learner..

http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR335073

apart from the mixer this is the same set up i got, id advise getting these as there cheap enuff for your budget but there good to learn on
WELCOME TO DNB BRUV!!!!

ebay for 1210's get some reconditioned ones, but make sure u try them out before you buy, i know my missus did that and got a pair for 250!

cheers for the advice guys i think i may go for the stantons, buy new technics once im working, it would be nice to have some new kit as is been stuck on a second hand pair of citronics for the past year and a half...grim times lol

I reckon you save a little longer and get technics. The first rule of dj'ing is dont skimpt on equiptment. You pay for what you get. I got my pair of MK5's for 400. Quality buy

i got my techincs & mixer off ebay for about £400 ... so im sure you will find a good deal if you keep looking.

cheers for the advice guys i think i may go for the stantons, buy new technics once im working, it would be nice to have some new kit as is been stuck on a second hand pair of citronics for the past year and a half...grim times lol

you've been djing for a year and a half. in that case i'd recomend technics, that way u wont have to upgrade again costing u more in the long run. u might have to get them serviced at some point but u shouldn't need to replace them. they are like tanks, but without the turret! although a turret would be cool to fire at people requesting shite during a set. think i'll write to them.

if u were new to blending i would say get whatever u want as u might not enjoy it enough to carry on and its not worth spending that much only to give it up in a few months.

but whatever u get, make sure u set them up correctly and look after them. this will save tears, youtube is full of usefull videos on this subject.

hahaha nice talk bout turrets there teddy!, ye had a look on youtube lil while ago on checking technics pitch, platter etc.., gona keep my eyes pealed for a gd deasl i guess, and if all else fails just get the stantons. only problem is i wouldn't really want to buy the decks withoutchecking um first and i swear generaly people down south are more stingy with their prices then further out! cheers guys.

These threads only ever need one answer

JUST BUY TECHNICS!!!

Dont buy shit cheap ones to learn on. Learn on Technics from the get go

These threads only ever need one answer

JUST BUY TECHNICS!!!

Dont buy shit cheap ones to learn on. Learn on Technics from the get go

^This. All day, everyday. Technics are club standard and are the kellog's of turntables. Nothing else even comes close. So save your cash and pick up some 1210's man.

^This. All day, everyday. Technics are club standard and are the kellog's of turntables. Nothing else even comes close. So save your cash and pick up some 1210's man.

You know. I saved a fucking age to get mine. Best purtchase I ever made i reckon. Them and my Xone 92 i got at christmas.....i loves me 92. Filters baby!

Don't get completely sucked in by people on here saying that Technics are the only way to go.

I grabbed myself a pair of Gemini PT2000s and a 3 channel mixer off eBay for £50.

i mite just be repeating everyone else here but your much better off findin sum second hand 1210's on ebay, atleast then you have no need to spend more money upgrading in the future. save urself sum cash. youll need it for a fatty selection of vinyl!!

wer abouts are you from?
little town near lewes m8, most of good deals iv seen that i would be willing to travel to are around london, but needs must i guess! i thort this may happen this threads just made me want technics even more than i did before...lol. thanks again guys

DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON DECK

CDJ'S !

EIGHT TO NINE POUND VINYL OR ONE POUND FIFTY TO TWO POUND MP3

YOU DO THE MATH

Back
Top Bottom