Help Anyone? Needle Problems

DJ SCUBA

Vinyl Addict
VIP Junglist
I've had these stanton 505's on my turntable's for ages and decided 6 months ago to get some shure whitelables. But when I put them on, one was very punch and crisp, the other was really weak in comparison. In the end I sold them to a mate (who had no problems) and kept my 505's, which weren't great but sounded leveled with eachother.

Now i've gone and bought a set of concord pro s' and I still have the same problem. I've tried switching the needles from different turntables and mixers but still no luck.

Just wondering if anyone has the same problem? getting a little pissed off cause im wanting to record some clear mixes.

Cheers

This sound like an issue with your turntable connection mate.
If you say your mate had no problems with the whitelables.
Both whitelabels and concords are direct headshell mounts
whereas the 505's attach to a headshell first.
What decks have you got out of interest?

This sound like an issue with your turntable connection mate.
If you say your mate had no problems with the whitelables.
Both whitelabels and concords are direct headshell mounts
whereas the 505's attach to a headshell first.
What decks have you got out of interest?

I've got Technics mk5g's, there only a year old, so im hoping it not a problem with the turntables.

I thinking whether or not to buy a brand new stylus for it and see if there's any change. Thing is, I could end up spend loads trying to work it out, ie. turntable service, new mixer, new cartridges/stylus.

Nah it shouldn't be the decks then. You could try using Ortofon OM's insted of concords because they connect
to the Technics headshell rather than to the tone arm directly.
You said that one seemed dull and quite. This sounds like a
connection problem to me and using the headshells that came with the decks may sort it.

yeh this is one of those things that you kinda have to work through methodically, using known working parts elmitating each thing as you go.

my bet as said that this a connection problem somewhere along the line.

Mhm. I'd say best bet is to borrow a mates mixer and run both your decks through that and see what happens.

Just start eliminating possible problems before you start spending more money on it.

have u tried it all with a different mixer coz it might be the mixer connection?

Yea, I did take them around a mates house and test them on his system, he's got technics and a behringer mixer, which are renound for level problems, and one was louder than the other.

Maybe i should try it out elsewhere though before spending more money.

yeh this is one of those things that you kinda have to work through methodically, using known working parts elmitating each thing as you go.

Mhm. I'd say best bet is to borrow a mates mixer and run both your decks through that and see what happens.

Just start eliminating possible problems before you start spending more money on it.

Yea, looks like elimination is the only way round this....
Gd for a mix Russla? :teeth:

try boring a mixer and set it up on ure decks then u can tell if its the mixer. i doubt its the rca cables coming out the deck unless some1s yanked em hard or summin. where in bournemouth r u? im frm southbourne m8. have 2 link up for a mix sumtime.

Back
Top Bottom