Help/advice for a new guy

regsman

Hi all,

I'm thinking of investing in a keyboard/software etc to start making tunes. I have some knowledge having used a Roland W-30 and Cubase around 10 years ago but not sure what equipment to consider. Have around £500 to spend and any advice would be very appreciated.

Thanks

you can probably pick up some decent cd decks for that. so my advice would be start deejaying. or spend the money on hookers and booze, thats a good friday you've got burning a hole in your pocket*

hope that helps, if not look thru the production forum, lots of people have asked the same question

hello, for that money you could invest in a copy of reason, I used it for a while and I have to say you do and will learn alot from it, I also know one guy that uses it and creates some wicked tunes with it.

peace.

you can probably pick up some decent cd decks for that. so my advice would be start deejaying. or spend the money on hookers and booze, thats a good friday you've got burning a hole in your pocket*

hope that helps, if not look thru the production forum, lots of people have asked the same question

done the dj-ing thing but wanted to try something else...will look in to the hookers and booze option though

hello, for that money you could invest in a copy of reason, I used it for a while and I have to say you do and will learn alot from it, I also know one guy that uses it and creates some wicked tunes with it.

peace.

Cool....thanks, will have a look

forget spending all that money just yet.... all you need is a DAW

get your self a copy of FL, reason, cubase whatever, any will do

then if your still certain your serious about it, then it would be time to look into decent monitors, soundcard and midi keyboard or what not

I use Propellerheads Reason. Download yourself a demo copy and check it out. It can be quite simple to use but it is also very complex and deep. Check out some tutorials on youtube to get a flavour for what can be accomplished.

have since invested in Reason..guaranteed to give me hours of fun or massive headaches - either way should keep me busy for a while

Back
Top Bottom