HELP A NEW DJ WITH HIS RECORD BOX!

Dj_Matty_C

Now, I am sure this is going to get a few posts going as it is a very individually opinionated subject.

I am new to djing, like totally new, you may refer to me as the noob, the Rookie or any other name you can think of for a beginner dj and I won’t be offended, in fact, I might save that one for another thread.

But anyway, my fellow dj's, my tastes in DnB lie somewhere between 1994 and 1997.

I realise that this time has now gone and I am surprised as to how much DnB has evolved since I last went to a Rave Up.

The Question I am leading up to is this,

What tunes should any self respecting DnB Dj have in their record box?

What classics have I missed, what tunes should I get, who knows, maybe you missed one yourself?

Fire away guys!

for 94 to 97 the list is as you say matter of opinion,but for that time period i would look up...
adam f
ed rush n optical
alex reece
dj rap
mampi swift
mask
gang related
anything on juice records
bad company
capone(dillinja)
rude boy monty
prisoners of technology
ray keith aka terrorist aka dragons fist
metalheadz,label tunes
ltj bukem
moving fusion
origin unknown
concept 2
shy fx
mental power
dj ss
grooverider
majistrate
fate
m.t.s
roni size
dj die
swan e
ellis dee
m beat
dead dread

there are of course thousands,there a few.

Last edited:
since 1997...? thats a long list!

to be brief here are 5 tunes that never leave my box are...

mampi swift - the one
sub focus - x ray/scarecrow
friction - third degree
krust - kloakin' king
g dub - tink ya bad/inspektor deck/warp speed

not the best ever, my personal choice, jus the one's i NEVER leave at home

for 94 to 97 the list is as you say matter of opinion,but for that time period i would look up...

ed rush n optical
alex reece
dj rap
mampi swift
mask
gang related
anything on juice records
bad company
capone(dillinja)
potential bad boy
prisoners of technology
ray keith aka terrorist aka dragons fist
metalheadz,label tunes
ltj bukem
moving fusion
origin unknown
concept 2
shy fx

there are of course thousands,there a few.

Ah Man! Thankyou! I was resding through your list and i saw Prisoners of Technology which jolted something in my brain. I have been looking for this tne forsol long, but i didnt know who it was by and what it was called! THE TRICK OF TECHNOLOGY!

Thanks Man! Classic

Matty_C

Thanks Man, I have heard some of these before, I must say, i was looking through a mates record box, and he had that third degree by friction. I thought i was called third degree burns, but when i read it properly i luaghed for hours....like so bad i was nearly crying....Quality.

I am liking Mampi Swift - The One, thats some dark tunes your into my freind. seems to be the way DnB has gone now. Many Thanks for you reccomendations.

no probs mate,if you love trick of technology check out delikut beats by them as well another huge tune from bk then and 1 of my personal faves by them to.

ps:if you want to get a lot of old classics then this websitewww.discogs.com is better than ebay,in my experience they have more rare tunes.

Last edited:
Thanks guys I even picked up a few I hadn't thought of and I'm old. =P My only additional input would be change box to box(es). :)

Too many classics to mention:

Boogie Times Tribe- Dark Stranger (Origin Unknown Remix)
Firefox - Bonanza Kid
Slipmatt - Breaking Free
Dillinja - That Amen Trak
Deep Blue- Helicopter
Dj SS - Rollidge
Jo - R Type
Future Cut - Whiplash
Dillinja - Deep & Deadly Subs
Krust - Soul in motion
Dj Taktix - The Way (VIP mix)
Undercover Agent - Oh Gosh

Theres just some of my favourites :)

Too many classics to mention:

Boogie Times Tribe- Dark Stranger (Origin Unknown Remix)
Firefox - Bonanza Kid
Slipmatt - Breaking Free
Dillinja - That Amen Trak
Deep Blue- Helicopter
Dj SS - Rollidge
Jo - R Type
Future Cut - Whiplash
Dillinja - Deep & Deadly Subs
Krust - Soul in motion
Dj Taktix - The Way (VIP mix)
Undercover Agent - Oh Gosh

Theres just some of my favourites :)

Thanks man,

I feel sick, i had loads of these tunes years ago and sold them when i sold my first set of decks. I paid like £5 each for them at the time, and now the same records are going for £20's a shot.

Any more modern day classics i need to know about, i think i am gonna start adding new flavours to my collection.

Any reccomendations would be apreachiated.

Cheers guys,

Matty_C

D Bridge & Vegas - True Romance
Fresh - Signal
Bad Company - The Nine
Bad Company - Inside The Machine LP
Bad Company - Digital Nation LP
Bad Company - Tumpa (Flashback)
Bad Company - The Pulse
Bad Company - Planet Dust
Bad Company - Bullet Time

There are lots and lots of modern day classics from Bad Company. 1999 - 2003 were definitely the Bad Company years.

I'll be back with more soon.

Thanks man,

I feel sick, i had loads of these tunes years ago and sold them when i sold my first set of decks. I paid like £5 each for them at the time, and now the same records are going for £20's a shot.

Any more modern day classics i need to know about, i think i am gonna start adding new flavours to my collection.

Any reccomendations would be apreachiated.

Cheers guys,

Matty_C

ooo i bet you regret that. You wana keep hold of em this time. In years to come its gunna be vintage when vinyl dies out.

Forgot this old prototype classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4d7kZ4jUHo

Back
Top Bottom