Hello!

fresh plates

Been lurking the forums a lot while at work lately, so thought I'd go ahead and create an account. My name is Brad I've been collecting and mixing Drum 'n' Bass / Jungle records since 2009. Occasionally pick up other genres as well, but most of the collection is 160 or above. Especially into the deeper vibes, neurofunk, and jungle sounds. I'm a vinyl junkie. I also really dig craft beer and video games.

Been lurking the forums a lot while at work lately, so thought I'd go ahead and create an account. My name is Brad I've been collecting and mixing Drum 'n' Bass / Jungle records since 2009. Occasionally pick up other genres as well, but most of the collection is 160 or above. Especially into the deeper vibes, neurofunk, and jungle sounds. I'm a vinyl junkie. I also really dig craft beer and video games.

Welcome mate, seen your posts around here recently - a lot of them useful as well. How do you find the scene in Kansas? Is there one?

Thanks Guys! The DnB scene here in Kansas City is relatively small, but we've got a die hard group of heads, and people who are pushing fresh sounds, so there's a decent amount of events in town that rep the 170 business, including a monthly night. Even at bars where folks aren't always expecting to hear DnB, its received pretty well so hopefully it will continue to grow!

Thanks Guys! The DnB scene here in Kansas City is relatively small, but we've got a die hard group of heads, and people who are pushing fresh sounds, so there's a decent amount of events in town that rep the 170 business, including a monthly night. Even at bars where folks aren't always expecting to hear DnB, its received pretty well so hopefully it will continue to grow!

Fair play. When you say "in town" does that mean in state? I can imagine the US heads travelling for like 5 hours to go to a night haha

I live pretty close to Kansas City, which is right on the cusp of both Missouri and Kansas. I tend to think of that as "in town." I generally dont stray too far from there for events. We've had people come down from Nebraska, up from Oklahoma, and over from deeper into Missouri & deeper into western Kansas, but yea, not a lot of fans traveling more than a couple hours for DnB around here outside of that. There is also a smaller scene out further out in western Kansas, but they are a bit more into Hardcore (or at least used to be.) I've yet to venture out there actually.

Back
Top Bottom