Hello!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by fresh plates, Jul 10, 2015.

1. fresh plates

fresh plates Active Member

Been lurking the forums a lot while at work lately, so thought I'd go ahead and create an account. My name is Brad I've been collecting and mixing Drum 'n' Bass / Jungle records since 2009. Occasionally pick up other genres as well, but most of the collection is 160 or above. Especially into the deeper vibes, neurofunk, and jungle sounds. I'm a vinyl junkie. I also really dig craft beer and video games.

2. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

3. fresh plates

4. Vanden

Vanden -nieuwenhuysen

Welcome mate, seen your posts around here recently - a lot of them useful as well. How do you find the scene in Kansas? Is there one?

fresh plates likes this.
  5. Dark Lizardro

Dark Lizardro The Lizard that has a hammer Staff Member

6. fresh plates

Thanks Guys! The DnB scene here in Kansas City is relatively small, but we've got a die hard group of heads, and people who are pushing fresh sounds, so there's a decent amount of events in town that rep the 170 business, including a monthly night. Even at bars where folks aren't always expecting to hear DnB, its received pretty well so hopefully it will continue to grow!

7. Vanden

Vanden -nieuwenhuysen

Fair play. When you say "in town" does that mean in state? I can imagine the US heads travelling for like 5 hours to go to a night haha

8. fresh plates

I live pretty close to Kansas City, which is right on the cusp of both Missouri and Kansas. I tend to think of that as "in town." I generally dont stray too far from there for events. We've had people come down from Nebraska, up from Oklahoma, and over from deeper into Missouri & deeper into western Kansas, but yea, not a lot of fans traveling more than a couple hours for DnB around here outside of that. There is also a smaller scene out further out in western Kansas, but they are a bit more into Hardcore (or at least used to be.) I've yet to venture out there actually.