Hello from Oakland, CA

adept_

Hey!

My name's Sam, I live in Oakland, California (across the bay from San Francisco). Been lurking on dnbforum for a while, I figured I might as well introduce myself finally. I'm 19, been listening to drum and bass for maybe 3 years? Only started playing it/paying close attention about 2 years ago. I'm mostly into the darker neuro sounds like Billain, Maztek, Calyx, Teebee, Optiv, etc, but I love a lot of other shit too. Deeper stuff like Dub Phizix, Hybris, Critical Music, Exit and whatnot...and old jungle and techstep. I DJ a bit locally, and help run a crew ("Outlet") which dnbforum member Lucider is part of. Working on getting my own thing going called REACT which hopefully I can get off the ground in the coming months. I do a bit of writing for a music blog called SalaciousSound, which is a general dance music culture blog based in Toronto. I write a weekly dnb column there (Neural Injection) so if anyone has music they'd like me to consider including hit me up! :)

My favorite films are Ghost In The Shell, Blade Runner, Akira, and Human Traffic. I eat a lot of mexican food/burritos...I think that's it?

Anyhow, looking forward to discussing more with all you!

p.s. I'm playing at the Pendulum (El Hornet + Verse) show in San Francisco next wednesday, so if any San Francisco headz want to link I'll be there.

Here's my latest mix for anyone interested..

Back
Top Bottom