Hello + Free D&B Samples

mr DX

Hey guys, I work as a Music Tech teacher. Some of my students DJ, listen to and produce Drum and Bass and obviously I've ended up getting into it to pick up on some production techniques so they can make that Reese bassline! Used to share a uni flat with one of the guys from the Invaderz back in 2000 so am familiar with Total Science, Lemon D, Dillinja, Metalheadz etc. Thought I'd check out the scene see whats happening a bit more up to date, perhaps pick up some tips. This is my first post so I thought I'd offer a link to some free Davide Carbone samples I found today.

http://logic-cafe.com/Article_View.asp?ID=65&CategoryID=11

Enjoy and I'll post some new beats when I've done em'!

Welcome and thanks.

A tune that typifies where Drum and Bass is headed is Rockwell - Full Circle.

Its gone very stripped back with huge amounts of sub bass, a bit like jungle was back in the early days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one for the samples! Just out of interest whereabouts do you teach i'm currently studying music tech and i'm not so lucky to have many tutors into dnb!

I teach in Hackney, London.

Hi mr Dx, Im new here to but just thought id welcome a felow hackney man (y)

I done a sonds engineering course in ZEN studios, stoke newington back in 97/98 but the tutor was shit so i just edded up blazzing with the lads :) Really wish i would of paid more atension now lol

I was also raised in Hackney, amhurst raod. Where are you teaching from mate?

PS thanks for the samples, Got any more your willing to let off ;)

PS,PS Youtube is your friend when starting out on the basics of DNB, Theres some brilliant advice on there but its the more technical stuff that you will have to ask for!

hey mate and thanks for the samples.

is that pack anywhere near as good as the carbone dnb masterclass? that pack is ace. didnt want to download tho if its not as good.

Hi there mate welcome to the forum!!

getting into Music teaching myself as it happens

Look forward to hearing some of your beats dude :)

Back
Top Bottom