Hello fellow deejayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyzzzzzzzz

dnbkingz

bollocks
VIP Junglist
Now then, i am an idiot. So now that we have that covered, i can ask you my n00b question.

so this is my mixer n ting:

fuow3o.jpg

The holes marked in pink are in use (cables and them twisty metal thingys)

Wut hole does i put a line-in cable to record something?

I'm guessing the 'line' holes are a no no?

Or....

Could i use something like this?

36203v5614.jpg

Or is it exactly the same as sticking a cable into my laptop and recording from there?

There was a magical device once talked of, a thingy.....that had two thingys, that plugged into the one thingy on the back of a mixer....

Honestly i can't be any more specific than that, my memory is as bad as a gold fish's.

Guys, any help would be hugely apperciated. :)

Someone else could probably field this question better than me but I've heard tell of using one of you outputs for your speakers. I don't know if you can use an audio interface or a preamp. It's a matter of figuring out where to plug them in. Hopefully someone else can clarify.

You need some sort of splitter so you can take and RCA to mini jack cable from your output ports to your pc

Actually. hold on.

So i get these two splitters.

One of them into my output. Where do i stick the other one?
In the other output hole?

And then link my laptop to one, and the speakers to the other yeah??

Sorry about this gents. I am a massive twat.

What you want to do is split your output, so you would essentially have 4 output holes, (white, red, white, red)

two of these holes will go to your speakers

two more will go to your computer via an RCA to line in cable (these are found in stores everywhere)

* your line inputs are meant for CDJs , btw lol

What you want to do is split your output, so you would essentially have 4 output holes, (white, red, white, red)

two of these holes will go to your speakers

two more will go to your computer via an RCA to line in cable (these are found in stores everywhere)

* your line inputs are meant for CDJs , btw lol
May need to get an adapter like this.
AAJK002.jpg

Buy 2 of these.

41lyYqCsXDL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Plug 1 into each of your outputs on your mixer. Get 1 phono cable like this.

stereo_phono_cable.jpg

Get one 3.5mm to 2 RCA phono jacks cable like this

31oYAfwL5-L._SS500_.jpg

Plug the white RCA jacks from both cables into the left (white) socket at the top with the RCA splitter on. Plug the red RCA jacks from both cables into the right (red) socket at the bottom with the RCA splitter on.

Plug the 2 x RCA phono cable into your amp and speakers and the 3.5mm headphone jack into your laptop/PC so you can record your mixes.

We had a session round mine on friday night and I ended up bringing the TT's down from my room... We had no-where to plug them in so I got a phono to jack and went from master on the mixer in to line in on the PC and ran the sound through the PC speakers/sub... couldn't you just do the same?

Basically using your PC as an amp. It worked for us anyways, and we were definately not sobar at the time.

Download audacity and hit record, it might work :p

Back
Top Bottom