Hello everybody!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by torske, Jul 27, 2011.

1. torske

torske New Member

Hi, I'm Even.

I'm a 19 year old boy from Norway, and I just got started wanting to make some off my own stuff. I don't know if this is the right section, but I'd like some advice on how to get into this stuff.. Also, Hi.

My main "inspirations" now a day is camo & krooked, receptor, netsky and others, those are the artists I'd like to sound like. This sounds ridiculous since I am absolutely rubbish in making stuff, but oh well.

I JUST got into this, so I downloaded a program called Dub Turbo, I don't know if you guys know anything about it. Its ok, but I soon realized that Reason 5 for example is a much more advanced program, so I'd like to get that. Would you suggest I keep playing around with Dub Turbo, a simpler program, or should I move up and just learn Reason at once? At this point I'm just capable of making a boring beat at 175bpm with kick and snares + screwing it up with bass. Any help on how to proceed most efficiently would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys!!

2. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

welcome dude, best place to ask is in the production sub-forum, they should be able to help you out.

3. torske

torske New Member

Aight cheers bro, I'll head over there.

4. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

welcome. reason is what commix use so if you want to get in to the liquid sound there is no reason reason shouldnt be good enough. i havent heard of dub turbo maybe i should check it out, sounds hench