Heist - Untitled (Drumstep)

Do people hate dancefloor 'drumstep' or just 'drumstep' altogether? I would personally class the new stuff dBridge, Calibre etc. are playing out as the same type of thing, obviously produced by a deep/dark producer, but effectively the lack of snare etc is the same. Pretty sure people who don't like 'drumstep' just don't like dancefloor stuff...

And yes this would go off, no doubt.

Do people hate dancefloor 'drumstep' or just 'drumstep' altogether? I would personally class the new stuff dBridge, Calibre etc. are playing out as the same type of thing, obviously produced by a deep/dark producer, but effectively the lack of snare etc is the same. Pretty sure people who don't like 'drumstep' just don't like dancefloor stuff...

spot on i recon, heard a few tunes on the drum step tip that isnt jump up/dancefloor but never see people gunning it!

drumstep alltogether is a bit much for me... wicked so is the only 1 i like THATS IT so far.

Why can't it all just be called drum and bass?. Must everything nowadays be pigeonholed into a sub genre?

Btw, drumstep is appalling

drumstep alltogether is a bit much for me... wicked so is the only 1 i like THATS IT so far.

So does this not float your boat?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL9xvAix_9o

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YnvqDxOFRg

Why can't it all just be called drum and bass?. Must everything nowadays be pigeonholed into a sub genre?

Btw, drumstep is appalling

Think everyone's just using the terminology that the radio has told us. Everyone knows it's drum and bass. All about preference.

Last edited:
It's about a form of identification and classification, but I wouldn't take it any further than that because drum and bass is often about blurring the boundries between the classifications people create

"Drumstep" - Is it Hip Hop?! Is it Drum and Bass?! Is it Dubstep?!

Who gives a fuck just listen to the tune on its own merit!

Back
Top Bottom