Heavyweight style bass

Salvus

VIP Junglist
Hiya,
Ive started to produce a track and ive got a bit stuck at the bassline point. Im looking to make a bassline a bit like heavyweights, like deep and smooth, non of this harsh cutting bass noise.
Really struggling here!
Dont know how to do my lfo's to get that smooth rising sound or anything. Tbh im struggling to even make the sound.:confused:
Im using massive here by the way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks guys.:not_worth

Well, first you want to put a low pass filter on it, you can choose it in the drop down menu in the filter box, then you tweak the cut off and resonance etc to taste. that would cover your bottom end, now you'd want to think about creating your next bass to layer with the sub you just made, i dont know what sound your going for but lets just say you want to keep it reasonably clean... you could do the same proccess but maybe use another filter and bring out some upper harmonics of the bass sound using the parameter's at your disposal.

You want a few layers of diffrent basses to fill the spectrum

This is how I get a basic sub sound out of it, im just scratching the surface here, massive is one big mecca of endless possibilities.

You can create movement in massive by assigning diffrent "effects" to cut off's. To get started try dragging one of the little green LFO boxes into one of the boxes underneath the lowpass filter cutoff knob. just experiment mate you'll soon get used to it. there are loads of video's on the net too, mainly youtube.

Cheers man. Yeah i guess your right, its just about sitting for ages in massive playing around.
Thanks for the tips tho! Its much appreciated. =]

Back
Top Bottom