Heavy Neurofunk Mid-Range Bass

It's all about splitting frequencies of your bass into three bands, then effecting the freqs differently! Automations on various parameters and the such like

love this! i know a few people will come in here and tell you random saw wave and distortion combinations, i cant make a bass like cursa but trial and error (and a lot of time) really is the way to get to grip. there maybe gonna have some nice plugins like camelphat and fabfilter and that kind of stuff unless they doing most of it within the vst and just using simple overdrive and chorus, ..automating a filter cutoff or having some envelope to move it around so you get that wiggle at the end of the bass note. resampling and you may need automating different peaks on a equalizer. shit im just guessing but there are so many things you can try. so yaah thats my 2 cents of bullshit :) they are amazing producerss

Yeah I knew resampling was a big part of the sound, was looking more for the 'base' sound before all the modulation :)

Have been trying this myself and haven't got close enough to my target as id have hoped in the past.

When splitting frequency's, is there a specific way of doing this? or would 3 duplicate channels, eq them to seperate, do your business and then compress all 3 back together a viable solution?

Personally, I think frequency splitting may be quite a help when it comes to processing the final sound, but I get all the movement of the bass down from the off without any processing whatsoever. I also try to stay away from saws and squares and triangles- I find it hard to get unique sounds using the basic waveshapes, I want my waveshapes to sound different and dirtier.
For the movement there are lots of things you can do but remember it's not always about filtering and using lfos- anything you can potentially move to change a sound when you're creating it could be what makes the sound sick. It's all about getting really into whatever synth you're using and getting crazy experimental with it.

http://www.dogsonacid.com/showthread.php?t=717380

just an idea ^^

and for frequency splitting.

you arent suppose to split it into 3 bands and go with that. you can do a quadrillion if youre comfortable with that and layer up the same frecs ver and over if you like to aswell, no need to exactly "split".

oh and try interesting filtershapes like a notch + cutoff overlapping each other and stuff like that.

Back
Top Bottom