Heartbeat buildup

muzzadj

VIP Junglist
Easy, im trying to do a heartbeat buildup for the drop getting faster and faster and struggling quite a bit. Any one ever tried something like this or got any tips for getting it sounding good? I can't decide whether to do it for the last 8 or 16 bars of the intro for a start.

Also does anyone know where i can get hold of a good chainsaw and girl screaming sample?

Cheers! :)

find a good quality heartbeat sample, can't polish a turd and all that

also having a rising tempo up to the drop ain't very dj friendly if you're hoping to play it out

find a good quality heartbeat sample, can't polish a turd and all that

also having a rising tempo up to the drop ain't very dj friendly if you're hoping to play it out

Any ideas where i can get a good heartbeat sample?! Maybe the music to Holby City or something lol.

And yeah not really bothered man, my tracks aren't sounding quality enough to play out at the moment anyway! Just a small project i've given myself to try and do!

heartbeat speeding up:

http://www.ilovewavs.com/Effects/People/Sound%20Effect%20-%20Heart%20Beat%20(Speeding%20Up).wav

Heartbeat 01:

http://www.ilovewavs.com/Effects/People/Sound%20Effect%20-%20Heart%20Beat%2001.wav

Heartbeat 02:

http://www.ilovewavs.com/Effects/People/Sound%20Effect%20-%20Heart%20Beat%2002.wav

Common samples like heartbeats, footsteps, cars etc can be found just by googling 'heartbeat.wav'

Good luck with the rest of the tune

yeah i noticed about googling .wav today when it came to finding a chainsaw :)

Cheers for linkages mate

thinking about that shouldn't be the priority, the priority should be to make good tunes. Its the dj's problem to find a way to play it out, it's the producers job to make a good track :teeth:

thinking about that shouldn't be the priority, the priority should be to make good tunes. Its the dj's problem to find a way to play it out, it's the producers job to make a good track :teeth:

yeah I totally agree, but it's an unfortunate consequence of producing music in a genre which is mainly aimed at the dancefloor and DJ

in DNB, I'd guess about 80% of music payed for is by DJs, so if you've got unmixable tunes, with different time signitures, tempos and structures, then it's unlikely to be played out, and that means less promotion, which means less sales.

however it does seem to be changing, with producers like Sabre, Rockwell, Burial etc.

A quote from Sabre himself sums it up well

I feel a potential for change, but at present the number of nights you can reliably show up to and feel assured you can play ‘off the map’ kinda stuff can be counted on both hands. There is certainly a slipstream that’s been created by people like Instra:mental and Breakage that allows others to utilise the inroads they’ve mde. I think dubstep has played a huge role In this also by setting a precedent for the acceptance of minimal production values on the dancefloor. Things could really change, but I think for the experimental end of dnb to succeed it needs to develop a certain level of irreverence to what works on the dancefloor, which is obviously a tricky thing to manage considering this genre for a long time has been a place where reputations are forged on the dancefloor, not the ipod, or the living room.

yeah I totally agree, but it's an unfortunate consequence of producing music in a genre which is mainly aimed at the dancefloor and DJ

in DNB, I'd guess about 80% of music payed for is by DJs, so if you've got unmixable tunes, with different time signitures, tempos and structures, then it's unlikely to be played out, and that means less promotion, which means less sales.

however it does seem to be changing, with producers like Sabre, Rockwell, Burial etc.

A quote from Sabre himself sums it up well

:word:

Artists need to stop making tracks specificly for mixing. You dont need to beat match two tunes to mix them, an dj's have been around alot longer than beat matching.

Back
Top Bottom