DnB Hearing your favorite tracks samples in tv shows you never realised

Shotty

HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN
VIP Junglist
Recently started making my way through The Sopranos series for the first time and noticed that the vocal sample in Chase & Status - Havoc is Jennifer (Psychologist) trying to calm Tony down in a session.

Series 5 Episode 9 if anyone interested.

Anyone randomly come across any others?

I always enjoy hearing samples out of the sample packs I use, like the luthron sample pack.

i hear chase and status stuff aswell in sample packs by vengeance, loops in countless packs used in loads of 'big' tracks all the time, lol that turno track badman nah uses a snare in k-tees pack, which ive heard in dubstep tracks and other dnb in the past. it acutally makes tunes that i used to like have less appeal to them knowing theyve ripped the whole intro from something/one else..

My girlfriend and I played the Bladerunner drinking game the other week. You drink every time you spot a sample, and the first person to spot it has to be able name the tune that sampled it or else they have to do an extra shot as a penalty.

We were fucking shitfaced by the time Harrison Ford shoots your wan with the snake tbh.

i hear chase and status stuff aswell in sample packs by vengeance, loops in countless packs used in loads of 'big' tracks all the time, lol that turno track badman nah uses a snare in k-tees pack, which ive heard in dubstep tracks and other dnb in the past. it acutally makes tunes that i used to like have less appeal to them knowing theyve ripped the whole intro from something/one else..

Well obviously blud, how many producers do you think actually have access to a drum kit and decent microphone recording? You're saying you'll dislike a tune just because it's got a snare that you may have heard elsewhere. That really is taking snobbery to a whole new level, lol.

^ I guess its just a mark of lazy production more than anything else. Anyone can glue together sample pack samples and get a reasonably releasable tune out of it, the mark of being a real producer to me is always someone who finds their own shit or else processes their sounds so carefully they put their own spin on them.

Would give a complete side-eye to anyone just sticking an unedited sample from well known pack in their tune.

Well obviously blud, how many producers do you think actually have access to a drum kit and decent microphone recording? You're saying you'll dislike a tune just because it's got a snare that you may have heard elsewhere. That really is taking snobbery to a whole new level, lol.

yeeaaa bruv caus thats what i said rofl, 'less appeal' "whole intros ripped from sample packs" thats the clue mate i dont dislike a tune cause of it, matter of fact, i dont dislike any tunes no matter how bad or good, its like hearing someone mix amazinly but they just pre pitched pre mixed cd the whole thing, obviously your gonna think differently after you realise, or may not care, but entertainment value was still achieved

Back
Top Bottom