Headphones

Olllie

Bom Bom Cloud
VIP Junglist
I know this has been discussed briefly before and a few people reccomended the sennheiser hd25s, however I was just wondering what the advantages and disadvantages are of the other popular headphones.

I've never spent a large amount of money on headphones so it's an important decision! I will also be using these headphones out and about with the mp3 player, however i'm more into sound quality than fashion!

sennheiser hd25sp II FTW.

i've used the sennheiser hd25, and they're good. i like that you can angle the ear pieces, that's a swish little feature. but it doesn't warrent (for me) a £40+ price hike.

and for the way i wear my headphones, i prefer the SP II's.

you're getting exactly the same with the SP II's, bar the movable ear piece.

i've used the sennheiser hd25, and they're good. i like that you can angle the ear pieces, that's a swish little feature. but it doesn't warrent (for me) a £40+ price hike.

are these DJ or primarily for home use, i got some 215's - dj headphones but in the low end, still the bass reproduction is'nt great, so are these suitable for home use etc? awesome bass output is great but not so that it overshadows the treble and the sub bass is unnecessarily beefed up over the top.
cheers riisu

mainly for djing, as all the top dj's use hd25s / sp II's.
i've seen some people walking about wearing them for personal use.

if you're more inclined for personal use, i'd direct you to having a look at bose, as they're pretty solid.

i'm very happy with my bose accoustic noise cancelling headphones, they cost an absolute bomb although by some miracle i never paid for them, i ordered them off the internet 2 months ago, they arrived a week later and i havent been charged for them, mega bonus

mainly for djing, as all the top dj's use hd25s / sp II's.
i've seen some people walking about wearing them for personal use.

if you're more inclined for personal use, i'd direct you to having a look at bose, as they're pretty solid.

hmm thanks, any reccomendations, i wouldnt consider myself an audiophile but if you're gonna be rinsing dnb/dubstep alot you're gonna want good bass reproduction, no midget sub bass that are'nt picked up very well and those amens to shine through

i'm very happy with my bose accoustic noise cancelling headphones, they cost an absolute bomb although by some miracle i never paid for them, i ordered them off the internet 2 months ago, they arrived a week later and i havent been charged for them, mega bonus

lucky bastard!!!!

HD25's are better, especially when you get a pair for £65 off ebay. ;)

Here are some good ones: Pioneer HDJ-1000 and Technics RP-DH1200

I am thinking about getting the Pioneer HDJ-1000, I heard they're comfy as balls!!

HD25's don't look that good to me btw >< Oh well it's taste but I just think they look cheap/"plasticy"

Yeah i got a pair of bose soundcanceling headphones from my dad. Theyre really fucking good quality, although i dont use them much as i use in ears when im out for convenience and i mostly listen to music through speakers at home.

HD25's don't look that good to me btw >< Oh well it's taste but I just think they look cheap/"plasticy"

and as we all know, looks is the most important factor in audio equipment.

jeez, is that golden chain round your neck heavy ?
:lol:

these senheisers are the best cans for djing, no doubt. all other headphones are big, heavy, and break easily. all the parts on the HD25 are replaceable. ive had mine for 5 years, and they have been through times where i was gigging every week, and outdoors too. Never had a single problem, expect from a loose cable, which because of their design, was able to fix myself.
cant do that with the pioneer's or the technics.

Last edited:
I use Sennheiser HD200s to gig, or rather I used to, in the future I might buy Hd 25s if I get more active. Used them, are excellent, maybe a little too good plus they're durable, subtle and easy to repair. Sony & Pioneer are flashy and expensive in comparison.

I also use the HD200s at home but am currently hunting for these:

http://www.beatsbydre.com/

Sennheiser HD 205

I got a pair of Sennheiser HD 205's the other day, aint that pretty to look at but pretty easy on the wallet, only cost £30 and well good sound quality, bass is good treble is good, i use them for homestudio use and theyre perfect.

[Hedfone]

Back
Top Bottom