Headphones purely for listening around the £250 mark

Discussion in 'Production' started by muzzadj, Dec 19, 2012.

1. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

Yo guys, thought this would be the place to post this as you all know your sound in here!

Looking to buy some new headphones soon, upped my budget to around the £250 mark as sound really is something you get what you pay for I feel.

Looking for some absolutely phenomenal sounding cans. Beautiful across all frequencies/surround sound sort of thing simply for listening to music. Not mixing, not producing. I love sticking the headphones on when im feeling trippy if you catch my drift.. Thought I may aswell spend some cash now whilst I can! Can anyone recommend anything? Has to sound good through all genre's.. Been listening to alot of lovely orchestral and downtempo stuff recently from beautiful highs to solid bass aswell as all the harder stuff such as drum and bass.

All recommendations/thoughts welcome. Cheers :)

2. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

Looks like I may have boiled it down to the Beyerdynamic T50P's and the B&W P5's. Anyone any experience with either? And how much better will they sound than my Sennheiser HD25s? Want as much clarity as possible and the Sennheiser's definitely have a certain muddyness to them.. Love them for mixing though

3. Prideinyouride

Prideinyouride Member

For clarity I've heard nothing but good things about the beyers.

4. Eternaloptimist

Eternaloptimist Active Member

try the aiaiai's. hd25s are good for mixing but for listening they are not. you are right about the frequency exaggerations in them. beyers are also cool and comfy. u can wear them for ages without them feeling too tight on the ears or fatiguing them.

5. ThePapa

ThePapa Suffragette City..

6. JungleFever

JungleFever Member

dont buy anything other than senheisers

7. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

yeah the beyers with the velour pads are super nice to wear. I still miss mine :( I had 770's and I loved them.

8. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

Decided on the Beyers.. Can't find anywhere around though that stocks them for me to have a listen! Look forward to getting these ordered. Will let you all know what i think of them

9. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

Got the Beyer's on Saturday. Absolutely blown away by them, just what I was looking for!