Headphones or Speakers?

adi19

Sex Drugs and drumn bass!
headphones are good for refrence, but not for monitoring, for monitoring you want a flat response system, the Gravity Blaster probly isnt giving you that, most hi-fi systems color the sound massivly. the most important aspect tho, is learning the diffrence between you speakers and a big rig, you can produce on any speakers you want once you learn that, although you will make your life easier if you have flat response monitors

alright... Got any suggestions?

I dont want them to be to expensive because im also saving for a new pc (old one is to slow)

Last edited:
wont go wrong with a pair of Alesis M1MK2's, cheap, and will get you going

in the meantime, use your speakers, and refrence between the headfones so that the music sounds good on both, dont just focus on it sounding good on the speakers, otherwise the mixdown wont be right

Ok have to save money then XD im not working neither earning money with my songs atm...^^ anyways thanks

Edit: Active or Passive?

Last edited:
Ok have to save money then XD im not working neither earning money with my songs atm...^^ anyways thanks

Edit: Active or Passive?

active will be easiest to start off with, otherwise you'll have to find a flat amp aswell, u can them pretty cheap, I paid 150 for my referbished active alsesis a few years ago (digital village i think)

Byerdynamic dt250 pro headphones here,id recommend them too.
and Turbo sound custom made monitors, tho i will be getting some mackies when i have the spare dosh.

im quite bad when it comes to this, i make beats and mixdown mostly through headphones even tho ive got a perfectly good set of monitors sitting infront of me lol!!! just habbit tbh. another good way of referencing without having decent monitors is to try it on as many sound systems as possible.
home stereo,
car stereo,
mates car stereo,
ipod with several different earphones

make sure it sounds decent on all of the above and ur onto a winner

A good pair of headphones (provided you can drive them) is real usable. If you don't have a pro set-up you're going to have to cross reference anyway. Those cheap speakers that are designed for games etc will be diabolical. Un-usable.

Ok these monitors are all arround 300 euros a pair i will probably save for the alesis m1mk2s or the Yamaha HS50^^

Thanks for the help^^

Another thing.

In the long run its probably best if you just save and buy a mac.
If you goto college or know anyone who goes to college they can buy one for you and get a discount.

I wish I bought a Mac years ago to be honest, ive had a few computers which have fucked up over time. And I didnt even use limewire lol.

Back
Top Bottom