headphones for producing

mistasfx

MISTA SFX
VIP Junglist
yo,

now b4 ya say ur best with monitors, i know this but its impossible for me to have monitors at present so what are the best earphones that will get me the best soundin tracks possible????

answers on a postcard plz

peace!

ahhhh, GET MONITORS! sorry, had to say it. ummm, i would go for the best makes around really, have a look at some technics or sony, or seihnesser or however its spelt, theyre the best.. i think? not really a pro on headphones, just offering some help :). but, i would choose the most pimping looking things in the world, and i think theyre quite good by the price www.skullcandy.com, they have some fucking sick designs! hope i was some help.

SENNHIESERS nothing else!! buy the best you can afford!!

nothing else comes close....they have a far larger freequency range than any other....they comfortable and brilliant sound.

once you have a pair....nothing else compares!!

even speakers sound wack after listening to em!!

PURCHASE!!!

There aren't any better ones than SENNHIESERS!!! Take note of all the nightlife covers. Mr Andrew Clarke is sporting a set in every shot!

So do it for him if not everyone in this gang!

yea but theyre the best dj earphones..... i know of earphones that are 2 x more expensive than sennies, that are better spec and made for studio production. i just dont wanna pay that much!

besides, sennies are closed cup and i believe open cup earphones are best for producing???

YO M8 ..........Your always better off with studio mointors because the sound you get from them is flat.That means that the sound you hear coming out of them is basically the sound that the producer was listening to when it left the studio were it was made.

studio monitors are important in the way that they provide a reference for quality and consistancy. When you make music you want other people to hear exactly what you hear otherwise you cant compare things. if your choon sound good on flat monitors then theyll sound good on most systems because afterwardwards its upto you how you eq it.

but one thing to remember is that this wont improve your mastering you have to learn that your self.

having studio monitors aint gonna make you as good as spor!

my point is that if i say only play my choons on my pc speakers at home then its best to master on them because theres no need for it to sound good any were else..........

I use denon Dn Hp1000s i bought a year ago or so.
http://www.chemical-records.co.uk/sc/servlet/Info?Track=DNHP1000

ive not checked out the frequency response specification for them but they have a good frequency range and respond well in my opinion to the low frequency region im not really bothered to much what other people hear right now because im developing not perfecting my mastering skills.what i mean is that if you listen to the pros choons on your headphones youll hear a big difference between your choons and theres,

thats not because they use studio monitors thats because they are alot better at mastering and enginering :))))))

Last edited:
yo,

now b4 ya say ur best with monitors, i know this but its impossible for me to have monitors at present so what are the best earphones that will get me the best soundin tracks possible????

answers on a postcard plz

peace!

Dude, you can't make a finished track on headphones alone....

You can edit breaks and create bass patches and stuff on headphones if you are on the move but you can't make a finished mix on them.

used to work with this old geezer with a beard his view was if you a good boy he would bring you a pair of beyers for your liccle head flaps.lol

got my akai sampler off him for 140 quid and his studio was alladins cave had a virus sittin under his fuckin sofa but wouldnt cash it.he had beyers and they were the bomb sennies are good for djing yes and can be used in studio but wouldnt do it.

IF YOU USE HEADPHONES ALL THE TIME FOR PRODUCING YOU WILL BE SAYING GOODBYE
TO YOUR HEARING VERY SOON.

IF YOU USE HEADPHONES ALL THE TIME FOR PRODUCING YOU WILL BE SAYING GOODBYE
TO YOUR HEARING VERY SOON.

if you stand next to club speakers all the time youll get shell shock heheheheheheeeeee.......

you can alway turn the volume down :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

everything with moderation i say :))))))))))

Last edited:
Dude, you can't make a finished track on headphones alone....

You can edit breaks and create bass patches and stuff on headphones if you are on the move but you can't make a finished mix on them.

Word up CAMEO style hehe . - if you want to be sure that your choon sounds the same everywere....

and i dont even own a pair of monitors hahahaha! i must be a smart ass !!

Last edited:
i knoooooow that monitors are the best, i miss my mackie hr's so much but its impossible for me to have monitors coz im on a ship with the navy about to go on a deployment for 6 months to the gulf!

i just want the best possible headphones so when i come bk, i dont need to do too much adjusting!

Most definitely AKG 701's they're about £200 but they have really improved my production - all this talk above about you can't produce on headphones is bollocks. In my case I had to get them to improve my stuff as the room I produce in is not accoustically treated (as I'm sure is the same as most on here) so frequencies bounce around all over the place so making the sound inaccurate, no matter how flat your monitors return are if the room is not treated they may as well be free PC speakers. Headphones eliminate this problem especially AKG 701's as they transmit the sounds around the ear not directly in like most headphones and the sound is not bouncing off anything before it hits your ear drum so is really the truest sound. Don't get me wrong you need monitors too for referencing/comparing but when I'm trying to balance a tune and do a mix down - its headphones all the way (until I have enough money to build a proper studio!!!). Oh and as mentioned above definitely use headphones in moderation (as with anything to do with your ears) but thats just common sense!!

Last edited:
I am totally new to the world of producing electronic music. I became a huge dubstep fan after going to London a few years back and it's crazy to see how it's blown up here in the states. I messing around with some different mixers and software, but using junk headphones. Anyone use (or hear of) beats headphones ? I saw them at a trade show and they looked decent. Opinions?

ive been lookin at these bad boys.....

Beyerdynamic (DT770 or DT990) or AKGs (K701)

I've got those dt 770 pro's and gotta say they are really amazing. Those I've been producing with and listening with my average floor standing speakers.. Can't afford good monitors yet :(

I use AKG K77's for producing when can't have my moniters blasting out tunes or don't have access to them. They are sturdy, comfortable and sound really nice for what they cost.

Back
Top Bottom