Headphones for listening only question.

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by DARK, Feb 19, 2012.

1. DARK

DARK New Member

I need headphones for enjoying/listening to varied music but DnB in particular. I have narrowed my choice down to

- Sony MDR-XB500
    - Sennheiser HD 25-1 II
    - Sennheiser Amperior updated version of the above headphone (hopefully prices will drop to HD 25-II levels)

Before I lay the money for HD 25-1 II/Amperior would Sony XB500 be good enough for DnB?

Fank you very much.

2. Olllie

Olllie Bom Bom Cloud

I've just been comparing the specs of the HD25-1 II and the Amperior and there isn't much difference. In fact the HD25 has lower impedance so could even be slightly better. Looks like the Amperior is being targeted at iPhone/iPod users so it depends how much you need the in-line controls.

The Sony's look pretty good and comfy but apparently their bass levels overpower the other frequencies, so the Sennheiser will give a more balanced and clear sound.

3. herojuana

herojuana hairy kuala

I have the HD 25s and have never looked back. Best money I have spent.

4. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

Hd25s arent the most comfortable. For mixing id recommend but not just listening

5. DARK

DARK New Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLvUh9JY-2g

According to him it is really good. I will wait for his review. Personally I like the all black current version. I will be using it with my ipod and on my PC. I don't mix I just listen to DnB. Sony MDR-XB500 are bloody sold out everywhere so I will just wait few weeks to see what the actual cost of Amperior is when it hits the store in March.

6. Transient Energ

Transient Energ Member

7. dirty breaks

dirty breaks Guest

the Sony ones are fucking shit imo. HD25 mk2's all the way... you won't regret it...

8. DARK

DARK New Member

HD 25 mk2/Amperior it looks like. I tried the Addidas version as they were available to demo. They sounded sweet but I could not connect my ipod to test them with DnB. My only worry is that the bass might be weak on them?
    My best times have been when I used to listen to DnB at my friend's house. He had huge nightclub speakers and you could feel the bass in your spine.

9. alz

alz compress to impress

beyerdynamic

10. waweng

waweng New Member

music lover here <----