Headphones Buying Guide (EMP)

anaamika83

Hello,

I am a DJ i have recently started music production. I was interested in purchasing good pair of headphones which could solve my purpose of DJing aswell as for doing production and mixing. I am producing electronic music (Dubstep, Electro House, Drum n Bass).

After doing lot of research i have found out couple of headphones which are suiting my budget.

1) Sony MDRV700

2) SENNHEISER HD 25SP MKII

3) SENNHEISER HD 280 Pro

So please provide me appropriate suggestions from the above list which are suitable for above mentioned music genres.

Hello,
DJing aswell as for doing production and mixing.

for DJ-ing HD 25s all the way...
no other cans compare for this purpose...

problem is they are no good for producing..

DJ-ing phones shouldnt have to much low end
i think as it can become muddy and confusing...
you want a strong punhcy muid range to pick
out the kick and snares transients without
getting overwhelmed by bass...

when producing you want a flat accurate response
which rolls off low...

When i bought my headphones i went for ones that suited production more (mainly because i dont dj as much) but they still work fine for dj'ing.

You better get to test each ones before buying. I bought some AKG cans without testing, just read some specs over the net and while they are really good-sounding, my ears start aching after an hour of wearing them. I can't do any long mixing sessions when after every hour I have to have a break for half an hour at least. Taking breaks is a good thing but this is a bit too much.

Wearing comfortability is definately a factor here.

AKG 701's all the way never had a problem with them aching wise?? make sure you get open backed ones as most dj headphones are closed back ( so you can hear it louder) so no good for production as the sound just doubles up as it has no where to go - not accurate for production!

Back
Top Bottom