headphone help!!

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by Calcifur, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Calcifur

Calcifur New Member

First of all not sure if this is the correct section so sorry in advance mods if it's not, move it to your hearts content.

Have been an avid lover of all forms of dnb for quite a while now but recently my sony Ericsson headphones gave up on their hard life of continuously banging out baselines and went to a better place,
    i need to get some new ones and was looking for some input & ideas for the best around for playing dnb, preferably with a long lasting cricket and obviously the best deal possible but if they are going to last me a while then don't mind investing a little bit into it.

cheers

2. Dagz

Dagz Well-Known Member

Im just about to get some new headphones im going to be getting a pair of Sony MDR-V700DJ. Ive had a pair before and they are great headphones but i dropped them off my head and they broke. Ive had various pairs of headphones since but none seem to be as good as the Sony MDR-V700DJ. They are alittle pricey but money well spent in my eyes.

Im getting mine off Amazon the only problem being they keep changing the price! last week they was £80 ive just looked now and they have gone back up to £95. If anyone knows of a place thats doing them cheaper please let me no. Also stay away from ebay if you are buying a pair of these my mate brought some off there and it turned out they was FAKE long story but take my word for it.

So my answer to you is check out the Sony MDR-V700DJ Professional DJ Headphones.

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/3275380/-/Product.html

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-MDR-V700DJ-Professional-DJ-Headphones/dp/B00005QBU6

3. dirty breaks

dirty breaks Guest

Sennheiser HD25 MKII's, they are pretty much the closest you can get to perfection when it comes to headphones...

4. Sicx

Sicx Well-Known Member

Got a set of these, really good headphones, bit chunky but thats cuz my heads small. If i could afford it though I would fo for...

5. idhelpplz

idhelpplz Member

what dj headphones are ideal for club environments? any recommendations

6. dirty breaks

dirty breaks Guest

Sennheiser HD 25 MKII's, pretty much the choice of headphone for nearly every professional working DJ...

7. Dagz

Dagz Well-Known Member

I agree the Sennheiser HD 25 MKII's are good but its the Sony ones for me they are chunky so i can actually feel them on my head and they fold up nice for easy storage.

8. danwell

danwell BAAAAAAAAAAAAABE WAIT

Hd25 mk II's

9. Dagz

Dagz Well-Known Member

You got me thinking about the Sennheiser HD 25 MKII's now but i just had a look and they are about £60 more than the Sony ones on amazon :( or tho my searching for deals on equipment is not so good.

You no how there is a compare the market.com is there a compare the dj deals.com lol

10. officialantidot

officialantidot New Member

Audio-technica ATH-M50 for listening and production. They are incredibly comfortable and durable. As previously said the Sennheisers 25's for DJing. They cancel out a lot more noise than you'd think.

11. invisible

invisible Active Member