Headphone Cueing Live

Gr1pz

Aka - Align.
VIP Junglist
Hey I was wondering how you guys Cue your channels in your headphones when playing live...I usually just cue both my channels when im in my room and i can hear them both just fine, but this weekend I played a house party and I couldnt hear shit in my headphones if i had more then one channel cued, needless to say I didnt do as good as I could and It was a bit of a wake up call lol.

yeah thats what i've been practicing since. bit of a pain since I have to mix quietly though :(

Its always best to have the volume levels in the headphones and speakers sounding the same in your ear if you see what I mean. That way its irrelevant how loud the speakers are, just turn the cue volume on the mixer down to the correct level.

i use both methods to be honest, but it's all personal preferance bro... what works for me is queing and doing the 'meat' of the beatmatching with one can on one ear, the other ear listening to the monitor... then put on both and dial the mix in chris with both tunes playing (for me, this is the best way as it means i can hear the tunes are 'in sync' without any delay between monitor and my ear... ya get me?)

i use both methods to be honest, but it's all personal preferance bro... what works for me is queing and doing the 'meat' of the beatmatching with one can on one ear, the other ear listening to the monitor... then put on both and dial the mix in chris with both tunes playing (for me, this is the best way as it means i can hear the tunes are 'in sync' without any delay between monitor and my ear... ya get me?)

Thats what I thought about also. Although I've been trying to just rely one one channel cue'd for now so I can get used to it before the end of the month ( I have a show then ) but I think thats what I'll probably end up doing and if worse comes to worse I'll mix in my headphones. I'm thinking the house partys sound was just messed up and I'm over dramatizing the whole situation tbh since they just had two huge cabinets and no monitors.

Back
Top Bottom