headphone conundrum

DJHaze

right.

ive currently got these:
1615_image_med_sony-MDRV700DJ-B.jpg

firstly id like to point out that these headphones are very good. sound is quality and they can go very loud without distorting(not that that is too important.

heres the thing tho.
if im bustin out an hour - 2 hour mix session by the time im 40 minutes in my ears and head are sweating like a bitch. not like dripping with sweat but my head gets really warm and its just plain uncomfotable so im looking to rgab a new pair.

the only reason ive got these is because they came with my new setup and seeing as there worth quite a bit ill probly sell them to put towards a decent pair.

im looking in the 50 - 100 price range really.

now i know a few of you have got sum seinhezier (sp?) ones (joey, riisu)

so id like some words of wisdom and any help that any of you may be able to give.

taking in mind im probly looking fro a smaller pair so idont end up having the same problem that ive currently got.

cheers.

its spelled sennheiser. most recommend the "industry standard" hd 25 mk, but i cant give u an opinion as i havent tried 'em myself (cuz im too broke to buy 'em really). im sure someone can answer soon tho. :P

its spelled sennheiser. most recommend the "industry standard" hd 25 mk, but i cant give u an opinion as i havent tried 'em myself (cuz im too broke to buy 'em really). im sure someone can answer soon tho. :P

He knows and he hasn't even got a pair!

These headphones are the best on the market because they are durable, lightweight, all parts are user replaceable and extremely clear at loud volumes. I've had mine since 2003 and only had to replace the earpads.

The cheapest I've found them on the internet is £114 though.

These headphones are the best on the market because they are durable, lightweight, all parts are user replaceable and extremely clear at loud volumes. I've had mine since 2003 and only had to replace the earpads.

The cheapest I've found them on the internet is £114 though.

i see. do they do other models that are cheaper then? ill more than likely end up splashing out on these but its worth knowing what else the same compnay has to offer.

ill check their website aswell.

The lower model is the HD-25 SP. I think they are about £80-90.

i've got these. they're exactly the same as the more expensive version apart from all headrest bit and the swively type headphones.

exactly the same.

get either/or.

i have these, but get on this, i got them for 20 quid, cos they were used once by british airways business class, they have a britsh airways batch on the top but still top head gear.

i've got these. they're exactly the same as the more expensive version apart from all headrest bit and the swively type headphones.

exactly the same.

get either/or.

Well technically they arent "exactly" the same. the sps are 85ohm where as the mk2s are 70ohm, giving you that bit more bass and clarity. but i can't imagine hearing the difference lol, just has to be a nerd. They wouldnt cost a shit load more just because of the mechanism

Also the sps have a cable from each ear instead of just the one on the mk2s, depends how picky you are really.. but i'd get the mk2 personally, only because i can get them for £100 brand new ;)

Last edited:
Well technically they arent "exactly" the same. the sps are 85ohm where as the mk2s are 70ohm, giving you that bit more bass and clarity. but i can't imagine hearing the difference lol, just has to be a nerd. They wouldnt cost a shit load more just because of the mechanism

Also the sps have a cable from each ear instead of just the one on the mk2s, depends how picky you are really.. but i'd get the mk2 personally, only because i can get them for £100 brand new ;)

pm?

I have them sony headphones and they are too big and heavy and always moving when you play a set so I never use them and I use a 10 quid numark pair :lol: not the best sound but light and comfortable

I have them sony headphones and they are too big and heavy and always moving when you play a set so I never use them and I use a 10 quid numark pair :lol: not the best sound but light and comfortable

not only have you robbed my name youve robbed my headphones aswell :D

The cheapest I've found them on the internet is £114 though

i own 2 pairs of headphones and 1 pair of earbuds by sennheiser... so i'd recommend them to anyone.

please, shut up. :rolleyes:

im also not a guy. :)

Last edited:
i have those headphones dj haze, and your right.

lovely deep sound quality, no distortion.

but mine hurt, they really aint comfortable.

try all the usual websites, u know chemical records. htfr etc

Back
Top Bottom