Head Phones

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Mshenay, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Mshenay

Mshenay New Member

Bought a pair of Sony XB 700's a few days ago. Waiting for them to come in atm -.-

but until then I'm using some Koss TD/75's

what about you guys? If you like Head Phones or like me can't afford a nice sound system what are you using :3

2. dirty breaks

dirty breaks Guest

defs getting sennheiser hd25 mk2's when i've got the money... perfect for listening to music, producing and DJ'ing. :2thumbs:

3. danwell

danwell BAAAAAAAAAAAAABE WAIT

2nd that, for now I have hd205s they sorta do the trick at home but meh...

4. D Double U

D Double U FQ Sessions

Anything but 25 mk2s is a waste of money. I have turned bose lovers into confused marketed to morons with a quick listen as they wonder where the price difference goes (general flippant statement: most bose headphones will better these but not the ones most can afford).

As said, general listening, monitoring, even production...best all rounder you can buy

5. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

wonder whats the most powerful earbuds

6. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

You lot obviously havent heard Beats By Dre's headphones then have you!? even the cheapest model pisses all over HD25s..... and before ou say.... i am the proud owner of HD25 MK2's myself...

@Logikz... Beats by dre earbuds... 5*

7. logikz

beats by dre??? what are you on about man. sounds about as credible as skullcandy. but ok link me up

8. Thin and crispy

Thin and crispy Active Member

A&H Xone XD40's, cheap brilliant sound quality, spot on for DJ'ing - i've got a nice system and some nice earbuds for listening to music/production :)

9. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

mate seriously... if you havent heard these... you need to...

yeah i thought exactly the same thing... but these headphones are fucking sick mate!! piss over all other headphone ive ever heard... and that isnt an overstatement....

http://www.beatsbydre.com/

---------- Post added at 09:52 ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 ----------

Their best in ear phones: http://www.beatsbydre.com/products/Products.aspx?pid=B5097&cat=2

Cheapest Over Heads (And still far better than anything ive heard before): http://www.beatsbydre.com/products/Products.aspx?pid=B5505&cat=1

10. D Double U

D Double U FQ Sessions

Ive trialed those dre phones in shop...not impressed for the moola you have to pay x2 as much to get a marginal improvement, heavy and generally i dont like the cup, and i havent trialed them in all senarios but i can put money on they wouldnt be as gooder all rounder as the 25...

btw i own these so please dont think im a fanboy for 25s...
    http://www.sennheiser.co.uk/uk/home_en.nsf/root/private_headphones_audiophile-headphones_004465

http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/Headphones/Headphones/P5/Overview.html

11. H*product

H*product Heavyweight product

hd25s and beyer dt990s. if i was to buy them again i'd get the dt880s as there such a step up (my housemates got a pair).

but yea dr dre has da bomb shit and his cans r da baddest ting since snoop dog jonnies innit.

12. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

Completely and unterly disagree... yeah fair enough they arent suited for DJn... but lets face it.. if your going to use headphones for DJn... they dont really need to be as high definition as you would want if your just listening or in the studio.

Everyone has their opinion... but i personally think that these are by far the best ive ever heard... Beats by Dre is made by MonsterCable... and just in case you dont know... they make THE BEST audio and visual cables....

13. logikz

yeah 175 bucks theyd better come with a handjob sexwife and big laser

14. JamesZero

JamesZero aka Zero Beats

For in ear head phones I have Bose MIE2's. They are awesome, really good sound quality! Although at £119 I never would have paid that for a pair of in ear head phones, mine were brought for my by my work.

[​IMG]

For DJing I just have a pair of technics 1210 headphones, to be honest they aren't exactly brilliant, a bit too bassy. I have had them for years though.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  15. D Double U

D Double U FQ Sessions

Your welcome to your opinion chap but i completely and utterly disagree with you too, i would say that possibly those dre phones are better in a studio...HOWEVER this guy did not specify production, he said instead of a soundsystem...therefore i recommend 25s as the best all rounder.

As for Monstercable, thats a silly statement as that does in no way define credit, did moster cable design them? R&D them? Project them? no...they build them which only ensures build is decent it doesnt even ensure the materials are decent (although from the price of beats i would expect they do use some similar manufacturers)

And when this is all said and done, id still take the 25s for price, all round usability, comfort and lifetime. Im a bit of a audiophile when it come to other genres thus the different pairs...however i can used the 25 for anything and be 100% happy

16. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

hahahaha!! ok ok ok...

Cheaper High Def in ears... http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=6352

---------- Post added at 10:30 ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 ----------

[​IMG]

17. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

Got beats studio's, seinheisser CX 299's and some no name sony's for mixing.

Beats are sickkkk but no way id pay full price for them, got them near release with my mates Apple store xmas discount. Wellll worth 140 quid.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  18. D Double U

D Double U FQ Sessions

Its easier to just post a picture isnt it? Enjoy your tonker toy phones

19. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

hahahaha!! Calm down sunny jim! Does mummy need to change your nappy? awwww.. hahaha

You do have a valid point. I own HD25 Mk2's... and yeah i agree... best all round... but lets face it... they arent really that great.... was simply making the point... if you want quality... Beats By Dre/MonsterCable are THE BEST right now. PLAIN SIMPLE.

Oh on just a bit of education for the ignorant... Developed by Jimmy Lovine & Dr Dre... Manufactured by MonsterCable.

20. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

Audio quality is sick, build quality is pretty terrible imo.