HD25s starting to rattle

Vanden

-nieuwenhuysen
VIP Junglist
They're probably about a year old, I don't listen to music at ridiculous volumes and don't think I've even played out with this pair at all. Only the right ear, the left seems to be fine. It's only just started to be a problem and isn't so bad that I'm about to open them up or replace anything just yet. Just want to know if anyone else has had this problem and if so what you did about it and how much it cost you.

Yep, Had the same problem also after a year. The solution for me was to strip down the earpiece (left in my case) and clean it out - it looked as if the rattle was being caused by hair that was touching the driver.

It's really easy to do - there are plenty of tutorials around, just google "HD25 take apart", and as I did it myself it only cost me 20 mins of time.

Yep, Had the same problem also after a year. The solution for me was to strip down the earpiece (left in my case) and clean it out - it looked as if the rattle was being caused by hair that was touching the driver.

It's really easy to do - there are plenty of tutorials around, just google "HD25 take apart", and as I did it myself it only cost me 20 mins of time.

Amazing, thank you.

Just one more thing. When you get down to the driver itself there are 2 really fine wires from the driver coil that connect to the cable plug. Be careful here as I can imagine an errant tool or finger could quite easily break one or both.

Back
Top Bottom