HD-25's: 1.5m, 2m or 3m coiled?

U

User 66273

I'm thinking of buying new headphones for my birthday but I'm undecided on which cable size to get.. Some set-ups at clubs have the decks really far apart from each other and I was worried about no having enough 'cable' to reach both ends, or in another scenario having a cable that is too big and gets in my way would be very annoying..

Therefore I am more inclined to get the 3m coiled one (I'm assuming its 3m when stretched, not when coiled) but would like to hear your guys opinions.

Also, is there anywhere I can get for cheaper than £160? Seems really expensive to me

I have the HD25's, i was restricted to a price and the only ones that were cheapish were the 1.5m cable. These are the best headphones i've ever had, but coming from a HD595's (which i could pretty much have a bath in while they were plugged into my PC) i do miss the long wire. I would 3m coiled is your best shout, however I don't think for club purposes the size of cable is any problem, if the decks are too long for the 1.5ms, they have a fucking retarded set up (decks 3m apart lol...) However for home listening I'd advice something a little longer.

if tl;dr

try best to get 3m coil, if not, 1.5 will be fine for clubs but maybe at home you could encounter an issue

Every part is replaceable, so if u decide u have made the wrong choice u can always change it up at a later date!

Had mine 4 years and the cable needs replacing so I'm gonna go for the coiled badger out of preference!

Back
Top Bottom