HC - Basement track(upstairs downstairs remix)/7 notes black promos @ hospital shop

Re: HC - Basement track(upstairs downstairs remix)/7 notes black promos @ hospital sh

7 notes black is sleek!!

Re: HC - Basement track(upstairs downstairs remix)/7 notes black promos @ hospital sh

would like to hear this when im not on mi works comp
loved the original probs mi fav liquid track

Goldie dropped 7 Black Notes at Ram and it was narstyyyyyy!

Some big releases all around last couple weeks!

LOL good one on the basement track, they dont even play the main part of the tune.

haha dont they? sorri bro i heard it a while ago so i didnt even listen to the clip

love seven black notes heard high contrast play at hospitality over christmas and it blew me away totally different ot his usual sound which some times is a good thing, sounds original like if we ever was a few years ago

all these promos out and i have no money :(

this is my firs rant of march, so please if i upset someone, go have a wank :teeth:

high contrast is almost like fresh from BC, he has great ideas but some of them turn so bad on him that it makes his track sound so bad that you think it is purified shit at its finest form (in a nutshell he is a probably the biggest hit and miss master in the scene if look at this last 3 years output). hospital best and worst releases are by him. no other artist on hospital has made so brilliant and yet so shit tracks as him. some of his "silly" tracks (like the basement remix "series" - referring to the previous and new remixes) do probably go off in a club, but if you listen to it anywhere else it just sounds horrible and vile pig squealing. basement track is not single warrior, others such tracks include such monstrosities as "in a gadda da vidda" and "angels and fly" - the worst of their kind.

other horrible label inputs that are just horrendous include "ride original + remixes", "kano - reload it remix", "kanye west - gold digger remix", "missy ellion - we run this remix", "axwell - i found you remix".

the only one that doesn't suck so hard in his bootlegging repertoire would probably be the hometown glory remix. in my humble opinion he has such a low success rate regarding remixing worldwide known pop/dance/disco tracks he really just should put remixing on the side and do some original work for hosital. although what he should do is let some other hospital chaps remix his work or some other liquid artists (marcus intalex, calibre, influx uk, chase and status, seba, zero tolerance, D'Kay, John B, the list goes on).

In The collaboration world High contrast could make a track with any of these guys i mentioned above and they would end up smashing the floor for god knows how long.

just my rant, you can ignore it! :lol:

this is relevant to my interests

I heard him play in a gadda da vidda recently and the crowd loved it :)

I heard him play in a gadda da vidda recently and the crowd loved it :)

yeah probably at about 1 when everyones pissed or off their heads, i was stood in a club last week listening to Calibre,he played tunes that i have in my collection that id never think to play out and yet the crowd loved it?

I see a co-incidence here, unless my ear for good tunes is rubbish, or ive over played them? i dunno.

Maybe they went off to of respect or didnt even know what they were doing? was that in Gloucester with the Emo heads reprezentin? :)

No emos were to be seen

Maybe they went off to of respect or didnt even know what they were doing? was that in Gloucester with the Emo heads reprezentin? :)

Yeah man in-a-gadda-da-vida is such an emo song, serious depressing vibes on that one.

Yeah man in-a-gadda-da-vida is such an emo song, serious depressing vibes on that one.
haha i heared that on the essential mix n thought it was aiite then i found it for £1.50 i think on hospital so i thought fuck it.!
only the breakdown is depressn vibes lol

edit- i was on about the flipside

Not a fan of the remix of Basement, original is much better.

Seven Notes in Black is a tune though, I remember hearing the 2007 (?) Essential mix and he used the beginning as a teaser and I was dying to know the song it came from.

As for HC originals and remixes I reckon he's more often on it than off, I just think (a bit like Sub Focus) he's tracks and remixes get rinsed by everyone and a month after the release they sound a bit boring. But then some people mix them in well making the tune sound fresh again.

Last edited:

haha i heared that on the essential mix n thought it was aiite then i found it for £1.50 i think on hospital so i thought fuck it.!
only the breakdown is depressn vibes lol

edit- i was on about the flipside

Everythings different calibre remix?

It is ok, you are right though the vibe is low, I hardly ever mix with it!!!

The Everything's Different remix is sickkk

One of the most chilled tunes going

And bcoz of that its a welcome challenge to try and fit into any set

Makes a good vocal teaser anyways :)

Gutted!! i'v lost my bank card so no internet shooping until i get a nu 1 for me!! :|

Back
Top Bottom