hazards dj'in skills

danfreeman1

VIP Junglist
i know a lot of people on here have been talking about hazard as best dj for the dnb awards.

can i just say that recently i have been buying quite a few jaydan and g dub promos, and they are all at the same pitch, have the same intros and i honestly could double drop them blinded.

not taking a shot a hazard, its just there is no way u can rank him along with the top djs

thats why i'm gonna stick to my opinion that liquid/dark dj's require more thought and depth to their sets, for example blending and transitions. jump djs simply switch tunes and as danfreeman said the tunes are all structured pretty much the same. dont get me wrong i think hazard is talented but people only think he is an amazing dj because of the wicked dubs he throws in his set that no one else has. just putting my point across coz i'm still into a bit of jump up all the same...:crazy:

i know a lot of people on here have been talking about hazard as best dj for the dnb awards.

can i just say that recently i have been buying quite a few jaydan and g dub promos, and they are all at the same pitch, have the same intros and i honestly could double drop them blinded.

not taking a shot a hazard, its just there is no way u can rank him along with the top djs

I've been taking a good look at some modern tunes recently in CoolEdit and its amazing how they have exactly the same wave forms, the drums are just about identical . Plenty of producers make a streak of tunes with the same bpm and drums (even though they may 'sound' different).

i think its more to do with hazards track selection rather than mixing skills that why is being so hyped up at the mo. if u listen to most of his sets he rarely mixes two tracks for a long period and double drops or anthin, but usually is real smooth on the change over and drops griiiime

i think its more to do with hazards track selection rather than mixing skills that why is being so hyped up at the mo. if u listen to most of his sets he rarely mixes two tracks for a long period and double drops or anthin, but usually is real smooth on the change over and drops griiiime

What this man said right thurr...
Hazard is a selecta... If you want double dropping then Andy C is your man.. You want big tune in a dance hall style then check for dj's like Hazard, Bryan Gee etc

I've been taking a good look at some modern tunes recently in CoolEdit and its amazing how they have exactly the same wave forms, the drums are just about identical . Plenty of producers make a streak of tunes with the same bpm and drums (even though they may 'sound' different).

yeah im not even joking i brought 3 promos the other day and the intro is exactly the same on all of them, they have the same amount of bars or whatever u call it im not a producer, then go into a breakdown, which is exactly the same as the intro and then repeated.

groundbreaking stuff huh lol

yeah im not even joking i brought 3 promos the other day and the intro is exactly the same on all of them, they have the same amount of bars or whatever u call it im not a producer, then go into a breakdown, which is exactly the same as the intro and then repeated.

well they want ther tunes 2 be mixed at a rave if they wer 2 complicated they mite not get played the just wanna promote themselves

I rate hazard high for his producing and thats about it. He switches on sets pretty much all the time, rarely hear much technical mix from him but thats all good man, at a rave you wanna keep it rolling so big up hazard i say keep doin what ya doin

aint the best dj but definatly still quite a gd1 still would like 2 put him in the same sentence as andy c just dosnt desereve it yet :D lol still a fucking good producer thats what hes best at and not a bad dj love his mixes so many heavy tunes but still prefere andy c(obviously)mampi swift,hype,roni size etc to him at djing well thats my opinion lol

thing is. you gotts give the men props for getting to where he is.
and if he's just rollin up tunes to the drop, the fair enough.

but.

when i go out to see a dj, 'dj' i expect a performance. and i know which dj's to expect that from. and hazard isn't one of them.

if i want to hear new propoganda/playaz/etc dubs. i'll go see hazard/g dun/taxman

if i want to here teh mix n blend; yet still rinsing the dub. i'll look else where..... hype/andy c...

y'know what i mean?

i think if you listen to a hazard set from two years ago and one now the quality of his mixing is so much better. Technically he is no where near as good as andy c, friction ect. but at the end of the day go to any rave hazards at and he's one of the best djs of the night. And isn't that the what we all love it for? :D

u sed it twice now but wots ur point?

for his tune selection alone, hazard is one of the top djs atm. If you've herd of it theres a way of mixing tunes called 'call & responce' and i think hazard has mastard this type of mixing.

i really think you all talk about jump up too much. every day there's another 'hazard' thread or another 'taxman' thread or another 'g-dub/original sin' thread. pretty bored of it all now, in fact it's about as boring as the ban the emcees threads. if they constantly made tunes or released mixes that were innovative and challenging then i could see how you'd spend all your time talking about it, but they don't. it's one track the same as another time after time and every time they drop a new dubplate you all go fucking nuts for it. the hype lasts until it's released and then everyone goes stupid for the next dubplate.

maybe i shouldn't post this, but i've had a crap morning so i'm gonna.

Yep, I was also comparing tunes by different producers and some have not only the same beats but structure. Big tunes, big producers.

Back
Top Bottom