HayDee - Dark Liquid

Areor

Hi!

This is my first attempt to create something liquid funk style. Actually my first d'n'b song :). I like liquid funk a lot and decided to try to make my own.

Please say what you think and give some advice mby. :)
Track artists name is HayDee because this is my nick for music creation, dunno if admin will change my nick here.

Download

Last edited:
the drums are really well produced, very clean. i feel however that i dont like the piano, try pitching it up an octave. but even then i still dont... hmm.. not sure its my cup of tea, clean production on the drums though man

the drums are really well produced, very clean. i feel however that i dont like the piano, try pitching it up an octave. but even then i still dont... hmm.. not sure its my cup of tea, clean production on the drums though man

Yeah man, i was kinda iffy on the piano myself, couldn't pinpoint what it was about 'em though..sound to plain maybe? Add some unison or slight reverb or something, give it more texture somehow maybe. If that makes sense..

I wanted piano to sound something like jazz / house music style. As far as I know, there aren't very noticeable reveerb on piano, but I can try something with it, thx :)

Also, mby piano melody should be a bit slower and calmer, dunno, I'll try to do something about that.

I wanted piano to sound something like jazz / house music style. As far as I know, there aren't very noticeable reveerb on piano, but I can try something with it, thx :)

Also, mby piano melody should be a bit slower and calmer, dunno, I'll try to do something about that.

I hear ya there about the jazz thing. Yeah man, toy around with the sounds, like I do in my tunes, you might end up findin' a sound you weren't even lookin' for that works..do what makes ya happy though, that's what is important, can't please everyone with the tunes ya make, so don't stress it. That's what I was told in so many words, so passin' it on to you as well. pz & respect

Drums were nice. The piano idea is ok, I just don't think you nailed it all together. Perhaps a different chord pattern/melody might bring it to life. It does sit a bit flat in the mix, not sure if it's pitch or eq causing that. Save a second version and play around a bit, changing a few things here and there.
Your production sounds ok overall tho.

Thanks for your suggestions. Changed a few things, but I dunno, can't get piano to sound nice, liquid style, still much to learn :) Maybe I should try to make jump up or dark dnb with my drum beat.

Back
Top Bottom