Haxbox - Unit 235

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Nicholas Stigma, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Nicholas Stigma

Nicholas Stigma STEADY ON OL' CHAP

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement"

My goal is to impove my skills and knowledge on drum and bass, in order to become a great artist.
    But I must accept all the feedbacks that I willr eceive by expert artists, regardless posivite or negative.

Tell me what you did not like on the track, and I will impove it :)

Some more information:

My bassline is granular, that means its not from a synthesizer I made the bassline by resampling the Kick_Basic.wav from FL studio 10.
    As for the drums, I downloaded it from looperman, the guy who made the drum loop is named "Soligen".

Basically, this track to be created it took more than 4 weeks, but I didn't made a hard work due to busy life that i have.
    The mostly hard work i made is for the bassline, inspired by Noisia and with the help of HumanworkshopRecords
    It took me hours of desperately resampling, trying different effects, EQing, Compressing etc. And everyday I was fixing/adjusting stuff.

That was the only help I needed in order to begin my work, I understood that if i was constantly begging for a full neurofunk bass tutorial would result me into a failed wannabe.
    And now on my freetime i must try with the drums, for now I will slice any decent drum loops i find leaving a credit of course :)

Please be honest and dont lie! much love brothers.

2. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

I like the bass (could do more with it), the kick and snare, the rest take it or leave it.

3. Nicholas Stigma

Your review is lacking of content and conclusion.
    Please be more perscise and explain for every subject.

What do you have to suggest for the bassline?
    What improvements you want for kick and snare?

4. Rezonate

Rezonate Member

Drums are nice, some really nice fx and little glitchy bits needs some really fat sub bass in there. Don't particularly like the bass synth. I think you need loads more variation in the bass synth to make the tune interesting sounds like one note with some pitch bending gets pretty boring after like a minute of it.

5. neddez

neddez Member

the first thing i noticed is that the bass is a bit too wide for my liking, seems like overkill

the track sounds very Noisia/Neosignal inspired... which is fine, but it means that its gonna have to sound very tight and well produced or you're going to come up short (i dont even know what im saying)

thats quite a sluggish break you've used, and it didnt change, so the whole track sounded pretty sluggish
    thats not necessarily a bad thing, but IMO if its gonna be sluggish you're going to have to bring some serious weight,
    eg. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFLXlXrkis0
    (note: that track has a narrower stereo image than yours does)

i guess what im saying is that it sounds a bit naked, and you've covered that up by using lots of stereo

maybe this all sounds harsh, but when you're going to imitate the Neosignal sound, i feel obliged to compare you to it

6. Nicholas Stigma

Whats the difference of wide and narrow?
    Do you actually mean the level of both channels is offset?
    The mids are too high?
    Lack of Bass frequency?

Provide some examples if you could :)

7. marcelkennard

marcelkennard Storms comin in Annie

lol mate you're jokes

8. Nicholas Stigma

Im not sure if you adressing me or them.
    If you are adressing me, you know everyone starts from something.

If you are adressing them, I think its just their opinions its not like im gonna do what they say.

9. marcelkennard

marcelkennard Storms comin in Annie

I'm talking to you. You are jokes mate. You sound like a computer. Safe.

10. Balthazaar

Balthazaar Member

Tune is not bad at all,first thing i noticed when listening is you kick it sounds distorted try cutting some lower freq on it is seems that you boosted to much,basslines are nice.Generally you tune is very good just needs some more variation on beat and bass.As for tutorial on neurofunk basslines,if you want to be good artist don't ask anyone to tell how to make because no one will do that,just imagine yourself working months,trying to figure right forumula for basslines and you finally succeed,and than somebody who just started producing ask you to show him how you made that.Will you do that??

11. Nicholas Stigma

You sound promising.
    Yes i will!

12. Balthazaar

Balthazaar Member

13. Nicholas Stigma