Having some troubles with my needle

Rubs90

KeyControl
VIP Junglist
Just bought a new cartridge and replaced it into my old headshell, but im having a few problems.. when playing the music the needle seems to skip a lot and jump, not to mention the quality is bad

I've messed the weight of the tonearm a bit and it's helped but not fix the problem completely.. any ideas?

The needles should have come with weight instructions and installment procedures, folow that and if it still doesn't work then come back (y)

What needles?
What headshells?
What decks?

The needles should have come with a leaflet inside the box, the outside won't tell you nothing about setting them up like you said.

make sure that the headshell is not touching the cartridge. if your still having problems, try switching the headshell wtith the one from the other deck?? see if you still get the problems.. trial and error mate, narrow it down.

does sound like a weight issue. watch the vid, but if u dont have technics:

put the needle/cart on, then carefully take ur tonearm off the mount and screw the weight into a position where the tonearm floats straight, meaning the weight on both sides is equal. so put the weight reading at zero, then add the recommended weight for the needle/cart by turning the weight in (following the numbers on your newly adjusted weight reading). the recommended weight should've come as part of the needle instructions. :/

Last edited:
ur set up is similar to the crap numark groovetool i used to have so the recommended weight is probably 2.5-4 grams. my previous post explains (basically) how to adjust your weights.

Back
Top Bottom